Go Back   Guitars101 - Guitar Forums > Music General > Gear Photos

Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
paul10w
Starving Artist

paul10w is on a distinguished road

Guitars and Amps

Below is a few pictures of my guitars and amps that I have collected over the years. my main problem is that I can't seem to bring myself to sell any of them. There are some cheap ones and some not so cheap ones, but they all get used on a regular basis, so at least none of them are just collecting dust. I even use the old EKO 12 string occasionally for open chord stuff, and as I have installed an acoustic pickup in it, It enables me to use a bit of chorus and delay which brings it to life somewhat. I tend to think that the more expensive guitars such as the “Patrick Eggles” or the "Carvin" should be the favoured guitars to use, but they're not. My main guitar is the red 80's Squire Strat that has been modified with a set of EMG's (SA, SA, 89 splittable humbucker) and a Floyd Rose trem. My other main guitar (although it wasn’t cheap to buy) is the 75 Yamaki Les Paul, which was built using old grown mahogany and maple, one piece solid body, two piece solid maple top with a medium neck tenant joint. I find this guitar a joy to play with all the tone you would expect from a good Les Paul.

paul10w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
sloopdawg
Backup Artist

sloopdawg is on a distinguished road
Quite a family photo you have there paul. Some cool guitars for sure.
sloopdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
paul10w
Starving Artist

Thanks sloopdawg, there's no doubt I ought to get rid of some of the gear, not least because space for it all is becoming a problem. I did try to get rid of the wife instead when she said "it's either me or the guitars", but she refused to go in the end. I've been looking through this gear thread a fair bit lately and noticed there are some really nice guitars and amps belonging to members that just make my mouth water, (if only the wife could still do that) and I only wish I could afford one or two of them. I would still like a guitar fitted with P90's (which I've never owned) but I wouldn't know what type of guitar is best suited to them. I would also like to get hold of an electro classical guitar, something like the Chet Atkins model, but they appear to be very expensive to buy here in England, so unless my luck changes it looks like I won't be getting one anytime soon unless I can find a cheaper alternative somewhere, perhaps some helpful forum members might have a few ideas.
Cheers, Paul.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
sloopdawg
Backup Artist

sloopdawg is on a distinguished road
Rondo has some pretty good guitars on a budget (might help with the misses also) they have some really nice Les Paul Models with P90s also. Don't let the price fool you. The cheaper ones make a great modding platform. I have several different models and haven't been dissapointed yet.
sloopdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
paul10w
Starving Artist

Thanks sloopdog, I had a quick look and noticed a rather nice LP gold top for around $400 and a ridiculously cheap three piece mahogany bodied LP flat top, both with P90’s. I’m going to have a look to see if there is anything similar to those here in England as postage and customs charges from the U.S.A. wouldn't make it worthwhile.
Cheers.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
Edwarden
Starving Artist

Edwarden is on a distinguished road

Hi

Where are the pics. I am not able to see them. You must be a Guitar player. Well nowadays Guitar players are in fashion. So keep it up buddy.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
guitarbro
Starving Artist

guitarbro is on a distinguished road
Hey!
Beautiful collection of guitars! Nice selection too
guitarbro is offline   Reply With Quote