01-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Why guitars are better than women:
Thought this would be appreciated by the boys in here...
- Guitars don't whine... unless you want them to.
- You can share your Guitar with your friends.
- Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you've played
- Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you have.
- Guitars don't care if you look at other Guitars.
- Guitars don't care if you buy Guitar magazines.
- You'll never hear, "Surprise, you are going to proud father of a new Guitar" unless you go out to buy one yourself.
- If your Guitar is flat you can fix it.
- Your Guitar doesn't care if you never listen to it.
- Your Guitar won't care if you leave up the toilet seat.
- You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Guitar.
- If you say bad things to your Guitar, you don't have to apologize before you play it again.
- You can play your Guitar as long as you want and it won't get sore.
- You can stop playing your Guitar as soon as you want and it won't get frustrated.
- Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Guitar after you dump it.
- Guitars don't get headaches.
- Guitars don't insult you if you're a bad player.
- Your Guitar never wants a night out with the other Guitars.
- Guitars don't care if you're late.
- You don't have to take a shower before you play your Guitar.
- If your Guitar doesn't look good you can refinish it or get new parts.
- You can play your Guitar the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.
- The only protection you have to wear when playing your Guitar is a decent thumb pick.
- When in mixed company, you can talk about what a great time you had the last time you played your Guitar.
One thing that really appeals to me is this idea of music being a living thing that has an evolution that, in a way, enables the artist to sell a process rather than a piece of product.