Which singer on 101 is best at doing David Coverdale ? - Guitars101 - Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitars101 - Guitar Forums > Music Files > The Jam Room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
101 Guru

biggus dikkus is on a distinguished road
Which singer on 101 is best at doing David Coverdale ?

ive made a SCORCHING backtrack of give me all your love by whitesnake as played by my idol John Sykes.

I need the right voice to sing it, who do you think can pull off a good coverdale rendition ?

BD
biggus dikkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
101 Guru

Geordie is on a distinguished road
Roy is ya man !!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
excess to requirements

Goport will become famous soon enough
There are many great singers here. You must have heard them by now

The guy who posted above me for example. Roy is the obvious choice but if you just want a fantastic vocal and not someone trying to ape DC then any one of our singers will do a fantastic job.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
101 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goport
There are many great singers here. You must have heard them by now

The guy who posted above me for example. Roy is the obvious choice but if you just want a fantastic vocal and not someone trying to ape DC then any one of our singers will do a fantastic job.

Hiya Goport

Yep, there are some superb singers here, each with their own particular style ............you want LA rock its Karmen for sure, you want the high notes , Geordie is the man, you want an impeccable Dave Lee Roth, look no further than JPF ...................but for this one , Coverdale has an "organic" quality in his vocals its kinda hard to describe , I think Geordie may be right in suggesting Roy for this one, Ive sent him an email and Ill wait and see if he comes back to me

BD
Old 05-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
JPF
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!

JPF is on a distinguished road
Well....for my money, it would be Geordie, Roy, Johnny Lokke.....in that order....not to intend any disrespect to any of these fine singers....I think all three are GREAT!!! Just the way i see it!!!

"And she knows it hurt's, but she doesn't feel the sting......
And she knows it hurts, but she's not feeling, anything......
When the lines are down, and there's nothing, getting in"..........from the song "She Knows" by Goport
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
101 Guru

El_jalepeno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus dikkus
Hiya Goport

Yep, there are some superb singers here, each with their own particular style ............you want LA rock its Karmen for sure, you want the high notes , Geordie is the man, you want an impeccable Dave Lee Roth, look no further than JPF ...................but for this one , Coverdale has an "organic" quality in his vocals its kinda hard to describe , I think Geordie may be right in suggesting Roy for this one, Ive sent him an email and Ill wait and see if he comes back to me

BD
Dude, you are really limiting yourself to a small handful of singers with your post above. It's a shame you haven't listened to more of the talent G101 has to share...
Old 05-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jeff McDonald

KC_ArtRocker is on a distinguished road
RJMJAJRJMJARJ is good too. He does a pretty good Klaus Meine if that says anything about range. I do a pretty good David Coverdale impersonation, utlizing my falsetto, but not one that is realistic (I sing "Cheap and Nasty" around the house a lot ). It is more like my parody of Axl Rose. That's my problem is that I can do lots and lots of character voices, but have never developed a vocal sound that I would call "me." What's wierd is that my range "in character" is way wider than my vocal range as myself. Well, good luck with your project.

KC_ArtRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
101 Guru

Ages ago i heard Roy do a version of Still of the Night i cant remember who he did it with all i remember it that it was ****in awesome and blew me away. If you want my opinion Roy is better at doing Coverdale than Coverdale is himself by Far !!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 05:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Arena Artist

Midnight 260 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like rjmrjamajamajam or watever his name is

Jason becker being asked...Would you agree that despite your condition, you can still probably talk more understandably than Ozzy Osbourne?

No question.
Midnight 260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
101 Guru

Naifuzan is on a distinguished road
Deep Purple's Mistreated is with Coverdale, right?
Anyway, JPF did vocals on that one for me and I think he outshined the original!

But yeah, there are lots of people here that would do a great coverdale, I think.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
101 Guru

eamon7 is on a distinguished road
i think geordie would do a great job but can you afford that much beer?
eamon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
101 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon7
i think geordie would do a great job but can you afford that much beer?

its interesting how geordies name keeps cropping up , imo geordie is a grade 1 singer but i feel his strength lies in the upper register above coverdale , i think geordies is a "pure" voice whereas coverdale`s has that gritty edge. Im always willing to try new voices and rod is having a go, im looking forward to hearing it.( the backer kicks butts and Im sure he wont let me down )

BD
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
101 Guru

Roys the man !!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Whats that smell?

rjmjajrj is on a distinguished road
The pressure is on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geordie do you have a few extra beers to help me through this!!!! I have never done a Coverdale song before.

Here is a link to a bunch of my covers.
http://esnips.com/web/rjmjajrjsCoverMusic
rjmjajrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
excess to requirements

Goport will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus dikkus
Hiya Goport

BD
Yeah I like the way you think here. There are others but some are not frequent visitors. My personal favourites are Rjmrjmrjrjrm etc, Roy, Geordie, Sergio, JPF roy, Mrs SC350 and of course JL. It seems you have gone with mr unpronouncable rjmrjmjrjrmrjrjm - a worthy choice mate

Tags
axl rose, biggus dikkus, david coverdale, deep purple, john sykes, johnny lokke, lee roth