Go Back   Guitars101 - Guitar Forums > Music General > Home Recording

Old 06-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
Harrison
Rockin the Free World

Harrison is on a distinguished road

How do I use Amplitube?

Hello All:

I was wondering if anyone has a quick answer to how to get up and running with Amplitube (not 2)? The FAQ's on the site were a little lacking.

I dont have ProTools or Cubase. It is a VST plug in, so I assumed I could just reference it in Fruity Loops, but its not quite working that way.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me.
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
Avalon
The Sequencer

Avalon is on a distinguished road
Its treated as an effect i think, so you need it visible to Fruity Loops (i've never used it so i don't know how to add it), but most programs have a VST Plugin drawer that you put the .dll file from Amplitube into, then you either enable it via a plugin manager in the program or the program detects a new plugin.

Once its in the program, you record your guitar part in dry, then assign Amplitube as an effect for the guitar track, open it up and start fiddling with the settings.
When you press play it should play your guitar part with Amplitube acting as your Amp.
Without knowing the program, i can't be more specific im afraid, hope this helps though.

Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Megondeth
Player & Singer

Megondeth is on a distinguished road
As I understand, fruity loops is not the best software to record a live imput like, for example, the guitar. I do use amplitube but use it in Cakewalk guitar tracks. I've start using fruity loops for not so long now ( still trying to understand it ) but I use it only for creating drum loops.

As avalon mentioned, you need to see the graphical aspect of the plug in, once you see it, it's easy to handle since it's like an amp, with a variety of stored presets, amp + cabs simulator, some pedals.. stuff like that.

Im not sure yet how far can you go on FL to record a guitar let's say.. but not sure you have the same features as sonar or guitar tracks ( or any other audio editing software ). I think FL becomes handy once you have the track of your guitar in a wav or something...

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you will need something like guitar tracks or any other programme ( already mentioned in one thread, look under "Home recording" ) to get a full view of what Amplitube can do.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Harrison
Rockin the Free World

OK, I loaded the VST into Kristal and it worked perfectly. I have FL Studio that cant record audio so maybe that was the problem, or maybe, like you mentioned Megondeth, FL just wasnt the best program.

Either way, Im up and running.

Its this kind of help that makes the site the best place to go to, much better than the vendor help sites. Thanks guys.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Harrison
Rockin the Free World

Learned even more, I was using Amplitube to create a channel in Fruity Loops, wrong thing.

I was able to get it in the Effects Slots in the mixer with no problems.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
Megondeth
Player & Singer

Megondeth is on a distinguished road
Yahoooo! I helped a little

When you are ready, record somethin with Amplitube.. wanna see the sounds you can get out of it..
Old 06-09-2006, 03:17 AM   #7
Avalon
The Sequencer

Avalon is on a distinguished road
Cool, a mate of mine uses it to great effect, i did a quick version of Satch's Surfing With The Alien on it (mixing the wah after the event too which is cool) it sounded great and i can't even play it that well lol.
Its also very cool for layering guitars, since you can change every aspect of your performence other then the notes, which is super handy

Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #8
Harrison
Rockin the Free World

I hear you Avalon, it will take a while to get use to it and learn it all, but looks like a fun program.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
Kryo
Spawn of Satan's Scrotum

Kryo is on a distinguished road
There's a groovy piece of software from SpinAudio called ASIO FX Host LE... Which is totally free, It is limited to 1 VST though, but other than that there are no nag screens or sound drops or any other annoying features... I've been using it for a few years through the versions, and have found it to be the best cheapest solution for hosting live VST FX... Anyway... Linkage...

SpinAudio ASIO FX Host
Kryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #10
Auburn RSX-S
Famous Artist

Auburn RSX-S is on a distinguished road
Version 2 is SOOOOOO much better.

Tags
drum loops, fruity loops