Folk Rogue 1964 - 1965
Two Newport shows et al
Manufacturer / Catalog No.
Wild Wolf / 6965
It Ain't Me Babe [w/Joan Baez] (1)
All I Really Want To Do (2)
To Ramona (2)
Mr Tambourine Man (2)
Chimes Of Freedom (2)
Don't Think Twice (3)
All I Really Want To Do (4)
Maggie's Farm (5)
Like A Rolling Stone (5)
Phantom Engineer (5)
Intro We Want Bobby (5)
Tombstone Blues (6)
It Ain't Me Babe (6)
It's All Over Now Baby Blue (7)
Mr. Tambourine Man (7)
Source / Venue:
(1) Newport Folk Festival, RI July 24, 1964
(2) Newport Folk Festival, RI July 26, 1964
(3) City Hall, Newcastle, UK May 6, 1965
(4) Newport, RI July 24, 1965 [afternoon workshop]
(5) Newport Folk Festival, RI July 25, 1965 [electric]
(6) Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles, CA Sep. 3, 1965
(7) Newport Folk Festival, RI July 25, 1965 [acoustic]
This CD is one to grab for several reasons. First of all, The Newport shows from Freebody Park are essential both to any serious Dylan collection, as well as to any music historian.
This set compares the sublime acoustic folk '64 show to the infamous 'Electric' '65 show that forever changed the face of folk, rock, and folk-rock music.
The entire CD is soundboard
recordings, and this is the best sounding Newport recordings ever. The filler material is of fascinating historical importance as well.