Go Back   Guitars101 - Guitar Forums > Music Files > The Jam Room > Completed Jams

Old 01-23-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
elecjoy
Famous Artist

elecjoy is on a distinguished road
Jam

Elecjoy G Mixo Jam Complete

Talk about a f**king quick Jam, One day to complete! Here's the G Mixolydian Blues Jam.

Slots:

0:00 - 0:52 Elecjoy
0:52 - 1:40 Axe2Grind
1:40 - 2:34 Stratomatic

Axe:

Lovely tone, feel and phrasing throughout mate, the lick at 1:07 was fab, reminded me of Tesla's Frankie Hannon for some reason.

Strat:

Man you have the blues LOL, some real feel and space to your playing.

I started off trying to play the blues but ended up in my reckless rock vein haha sorry about that... it's like an illness!

Great stuff fellas

Elecjoy Blues Jam

Cheers Si.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
axe2grind
Arena Artist

axe2grind is on a distinguished road
Blimey !, that was fast... Did'nt expect an end result just yet....

EJ - Well mate, super shreddy blues is what I call that, that run starting at 00:28, superb, was that tapped or legato ? great stuff. Lovely tone as always, is that still the magic Guitarport patch ?...lovely work mate, don't let your work mates hear this, they won't believe your ill LOL.

Strat - As EJ said, great feel blues playing mate. Loved your tone, I was going for a more traditional blues tone too. Loved how your came in after mine, loved those double stops and some great bluesy bending, great stuff Strato.

Great jam guying, fab mix job EJ and thanks for giving me something to do whilst being sick as a parrot at home LOL.
axe2grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
stratomatic
Famous Artist

stratomatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Another fun jam Si. Thanks for putting this together. You and Axe are major league players and it's and honor to be part of a recording with you guys. I was trying to get some feedback at the end of mine. I'm not sure if I've been able to do that with my guitarport yet. Hey, what Guitarport patch are you guys talking about?
stratomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
axe2grind
Arena Artist

Hey Strato, I'm not using a guitarport, but I remember a while back asking EJ what rig he had and he told me he uses a GP with a patch that he always sticks to for leads and stuff, but I'm sure the man himself can shred, I mean shed some light on the matter LOL.. I myself have a little roland microcube that I record with, but I put my guitar firstly into my new T-REX compnova compressor as I have fairly low output pickups and don't get much oomph out of the microcube. This pedal makes things all better without changing my tone.

Very nice jamin with you mate, was great fun and a great result....
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
elecjoy
Famous Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe2grind
Hey Strato, I'm not using a guitarport, but I remember a while back asking EJ what rig he had and he told me he uses a GP with a patch that he always sticks to for leads and stuff, but I'm sure the man himself can shred, I mean shed some light on the matter LOL...
Hehe, yes, I use Guitar Port, and for the last coupla jams I used my old Squire Strat. Not exactly top notch gear but it gets the job done and I like a nice easy to maintain set up... plug in and blast! If you use Guitar Port Strat, I can send you the Patch I use. As Axe mentioned it's the same as I always use, I just tweak as needed.

Actually I can get mine to feedback, if I dial in a real trebly tone with a good dose of distortion and play without headphones (and damn loud) it feeds back nicely. I'll record somethign tomorrow to demonstrate!

Axe, the run at 0:28 was straight legato with a bit of finger picking on the barred high notes. I'll knock you up a tab if you like?

Cheers Si.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
derreckk
Starving Artist

derreckk is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

damn man that was quick i didnt even no you had another posted.
epiphone les paul standard plain top
epiphone les paul custom
standard hss strat
roctron chameleon 2000
marshall mg100hdfx halfstack
dime distortion pedal
tc electronics g-major effects processor
derreckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #7
axe2grind
Arena Artist

Cool Si, I would'nt mind the tab of that if its no trouble. I'd like to have a go at doing that as I think it would help my legato playing which is a bit weak at the moment. Cheers mate....
Old 01-24-2007, 03:18 AM   #8
elecjoy
Famous Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe2grind
Cool Si, I would'nt mind the tab of that if its no trouble. I'd like to have a go at doing that as I think it would help my legato playing which is a bit weak at the moment. Cheers mate....
OK J, here's an assortment of licks from the last 2 jams that should get you on the road to legato heaven LOL. I put together a file of licks from the first jam for Pranav so I've just added the blues lick to the end. Have fun.

Jam Legato Licks

Here's the GP Patch Stratomatic

EJ Patch

Cheers Si.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #9
axe2grind
Arena Artist

Excellent !!!, thanks very much Si....those should get my fingers moving !!!. Cheers, Justin.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
stratomatic
Famous Artist

stratomatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the patch Si. I finally got a chance to work with it tonight. My interuptions have been getting interupted over the past week. I tried this with both a fat strat and a single coil. This sounds better with a single coil to me. What kind of guitar are you using it with?
stratomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:42 AM   #11
Naifuzan
101 Guru

Naifuzan is on a distinguished road
Cool jam guys!

Elecjoy
I usually dont like it when people shred all over blues track, but you've got such a great style I couldnt help but love this anyway

Axe2Grind
Nice blues playing, with some rock stuff thrown in too, sounds very cool.
I especially like the hendrixy double stop things.

Stratomatic
Getting down to the roots here! Great blues stuff!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:19 AM   #12
elecjoy
Famous Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratomatic
Thanks for the patch Si. I finally got a chance to work with it tonight. My interuptions have been getting interupted over the past week. I tried this with both a fat strat and a single coil. This sounds better with a single coil to me. What kind of guitar are you using it with?
Hi Strat,

I used a Squier Stagemaster on this jam which has 2 buckers and a singlecoil in the middle. I've just restrung my Carvin DC400 so on the new jam i've posted up i'll be using that... it has 2 buckers! The tone is a bit more focused, probably due to the quality of the guitar and the fact it has pain inducing 10's on it.

Cheers Si
Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #13
elecjoy
Famous Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naifuzan
Cool jam guys!

Elecjoy
I usually dont like it when people shred all over blues track, but you've got such a great style I couldnt help but love this anyway
Thanks for the comments Per. I normally have to think about things when playing blues, but everyone got there submissions so quickly I just jammed a few times on the BT to get something done. Blues is not a natural style for me LOL. Tis for you though - I have to say!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 AM   #14
pranav
101 Guru

pranav is an unknown quantity at this point
love the jam elec joy love your playing man shreddy but sweet.neat playing axe and strat too

lisn to my songs here

best forum site
http://www.talkedabout.com/index.php?referrerid=7
pranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #15
elecjoy
Famous Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav
love the jam elec joy love your playing man shreddy but sweet.neat playing axe and strat too
Cheers mate!