Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Husker Du - 1980-05-07 - Minneapolis, MN (AUD/FLAC)

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  marbro 
#1 · (Edited)
Husker Du - 1980-05-07 - Minneapolis, MN
(Audience FLAC)

Husker Du 1980-05-07 Minneapolis MASTER

Husker Du
May 7, 1980
The Longhorn
Minneapolis, Minnesota

LINEAGE:
2 Shure mics>Sony TC-D5 stereo recorder>Maxell UDXLII cassette>Yamaha-KX330 tape deck>Terratec-EWX soundcard>EAC-WAV>Audacity-FLAC

Taper: Minnesota Mike

1. Picture Of You
2. Don't Try To Call
3. What Went Wrong
4. You're Too Obtuse
5. Put Your Past Away
6. Instrumental
7. All I've Got To Lose Is You
8. Industrial Grocery Store
9. Gilligan's Island
10. Uncle Ron
11. Push The Button Baby
12. MTC
13. Do The Bee
14. Statues
15. Writer's Cramp
16. Don't Have A Life
17. Sexual Economics
18. Do You Remember
19. Data Control
20. Let's Go Die
21. Statues

notes by the uploader
This is straight from the mastertape. I have not done any EQing, filtering, editing, or any kind of tampering with the sound.

I don't put sound ratings on these uploads -- I'd prefer to have somebody independent (such as yourself) judge that. So, after you've downloaded and listened, post a comment on the sound quality.

Minnesota Mike made audience recordings of shows in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area between 1978 to 1985. He used a stereo Sony TC-D5 tape recorder and two Shure studio microphones, top-of-the-line equipment in those days. He recorded shows just for himself and never made copies. I met him years later and he allowed me to trade tape copies around 1993. Later when the technology became available, I traded some on CDR. So some of the copies that are out there are second generation or more, and some are digital copies of the master. I wasn't a very active trader and, in fact, some of Mike's tapes have never circulated. The digital copies I'm uploading now were made in 2006 with azimuth adjustments on the tapedeck and a Terratec EWX soundcard to the computer. Mike's tapes are often mistaken for Soundboard or FM sources -- but they are not, they are audience recordings.

Copies of this tape have circulated widely for many years, but here's the real deal straight from the master, an improved transfer that has not circulated before.

https://rapidgator.net/file/e8e8dda....1980-05-07.Minneapolis.FLAC.by.TUBE.zip.html

mirror:
https://turbobit.net/b5sqc1w5halj/HuskerDu.1980-05-07.Minneapolis.FLAC.by.TUBE.zip.html

mirror:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/6131soj3uozh/n/HuskerDu.1980-05-07.Minneapolis.FLAC.by.TUBE.zip

See less See more
#3 ·
I've been downloading music from this site for quite a while but have just registered.

Given its age and that its an audience recording the sound quality is surprisingly very good. Everything is clear and there little background crowd noise. I can see why people would mistake this for a soundboard. The tracks that appeared on the Land Speed Record live album sound a lot different here as they're much slower. "Push The Button" in particular sounds much better.

Thanks Edge for this great show and for the numerous others I've downloaded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.