Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

andrewtheshreddr vs (20 votes to win)

• andrewtheshreddr

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • The Ulnarian

Votes: 18 62.1%

andrewtheshreddr vs The Ulnarian: Original Ballad Showdown!

5K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  andrewtheshreddr 
#1 ·
hey!!
heres an original ballad i wrote entitled: Precious
its really close to my heart hehehe...
Mostly an orchestral score type ballad with clarinets, vibraphones, percussions etc.... :rock:
hope u guys enjoy this ballad showdown :thumb:

#3 · (Edited)
Andrew, that's just beautiful!!! Damn, I can't describe the awesomness of that tune! Reminds me of Howard Shore a lot man.
Jeez those drums starting from ~2:01, damn!!! Have I mentioned awesome? Guitar is wonderful!! Thanks a lot for sharing!

#4 ·
Ulnarian, great tune as well! But have to go with Andrew here :thumb:

#6 · (Edited)
had to go with andrew here . stunning peice mate . truly beautiful . shame the transition to guitar wasn't as smooth as the build up cause its a blemish on another wise really great peice . it's easily overlooked though simply cause overall its so great

#7 ·
Thx for the listen all, crap, neck and neck, this could take forever (maybe we should have made it 10 votes :) )

MikeBeta-Its been awhile since I wrote this tune, if I remember correctly, I'm using the "I-vi-IV-V" progression here which would definately explain the 50's feel. Also, the beggining is kind of a tribute to my favorite guitar player of all time. He goes by the name of Allyrulez on the net.

Cya!

#8 ·
nice work both you guys !

uln i did notice the 50's progression in there andi thought it fit quite nicely with the melody !

andrew nice piece mate ! .. very calm and the build up was very cool ! .. sounds like the melody to "the first noel" in places .. specially the first couple of phrases ! >. but it was cool and well produced .

#16 ·
Can't you Eric just edit Drew's original post? I though you admins can edit stuff like polls and such.

#26 ·
bluepowder said:
ok 2 things...
how do i listen to the songs

i am nt able to vote...summin abt privliges??
You must be too new. There is a thread in the support forum that answers this problem...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.