- Happy Birthday To Who Guitarist/Songwriter Pete Townshend - Geeks of Doom
- Panzerchrist Announce New LP 'The 7th Offensive' - Altsounds.com
Panzerchrist Announce New LP 'The 7th Offensive'Altsounds.com
Last Edited by: Nuno Saque Ferreira May 19th, 2013. Danish death metal
mercenaries Panzerchrist are releasing their seventh album, aptly entitled The 7th Offensive on July 15th via Listenable. The band used three different studios to complete the ...
- The Paradox of Rock - News24
The Paradox of RockNews24
Add to that the growling of the Hammond B3 and screaming lead guitars
and you have sounds as diverse as Renaissance, folk-rock with a strong classical undertone, to Megadeth, aggressive, hard-driving metal
. Still the same genre. If you can name a ...
- Panzerchrist Streaming New Track - Metal Underground
Panzerchrist Streaming New TrackMetal Underground
Danish death metal
mercenaries Panzerchrist are releasing their seventh album, aptly entitled "The 7th Offensive," on July 15th via Listenable Records. This album follows the previous and highly acclaimed 2011 release, ...
Panzerchrist used three ...
- No sleep till Ulan Bator! - The Guardian
No sleep till Ulan Bator!The Guardian
The band – Gary (guitars
/vocals), Dominic Apa (drums) and Simon Milner (also guitars
/vocals) – are sitting cross-legged and bleary-eyed in a downtown Ulan Bator car park with the Guardian, recalling a week in which, as well as outdoorsy activities and ...
- Heather Maloney keeps her music in the moment - Boston Globe
Heather Maloney keeps her music in the momentBoston Globe
(“Don't want a promise that outlives the promiser,” she sings by way of a marriage refusal, “and my body will not last longer than a metal
band.”) The new album's winning opening track “Great Imposter”— including the withering accusation: ...
The ...and more »
- Jason Newsted Discusses 'Metal' EP, Upcoming Album + Mike Mushok's ... - Loudwire
- 25 Years Ago: Judas Priest's 'Ram It Down' Album Released - Ultimate Classic Rock
25 Years Ago: Judas Priest's 'Ram It Down' Album ReleasedUltimate Classic Rock
The band's previous record, 1986's 'Turbo,' was as successful as it was divisive, simultaneously broadening Judas Priest's audience and alienating fans of the band's older, heavier style with its wholesale adoption of synth guitars
and other pop-metal ...and more »
- Latitudes and Longitudes of Darkness: Four Remarkable 2013 Black Metal Albums - PopMatters
- The Hair-Metal Diaries - The Atlantic
The Hair-Metal DiariesThe Atlantic
Certain of metal's
trappings (long hair, loud guitars
, a kind of spurious defiance) had been appropriated, but this was not heavy metal
, because it was not heavy: no doom, no drag. The riffs were flimsy and chick-friendly—or at least not chick ...