Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1988-08-12 KISS Ritz, New York, NY WRATHCHILD MASTER + 1988-08-13 REMASTER +Interview

5K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  doBrazil 
#1 ·

KISS
"KISS THE RITZ"- Ritz Club, New York, NY WRATCHCHILD 3 CD Set
1988-08-12 FM BROADCAST - WRATCHILD Version
1988-08-13 Audience Version -Slight WRATCHHILD REMIX
1988-08-01 WNEW-FM Concert Announcement/Interview (Gene And Paul With Pat St. John)

ARTWORK By WRATHCHILD RECORDS - SOme altering from the original artwork.

1988-08-12 FM BROADCAST - WRATHCHILD Version
This is a new version (2017) taken straight from the MASTER tape I used to record the concert off the radio that night in 1988. This version sounded a bit FULLER than the others I'd downloaded (thanks Klaus And EDGE for providing me with them). The transfer came out "THICK" in the software which was good because there was little that had to be done to it. Used the Multi band compression feature to even out the highs and lows and reduce some of that thickness into more discernible levels. Because of that thickness, I reduced some of the bottom and raised some of the high end in the EQ. That it!

Judge for yourself about the quality against the others but my opinion is that this version is a little more FULL than the others.

Lineage. Original FM Broadcast---> Stereo tape deck ---> Maxell High Bias 90min tape---> AVS Audio Editor----> WAV ---> CD Architect to combine tape flip ----> WAV----> AVS Audio EDITOR (remastering, split tracks) ----> WAV ----> BigSoft Audio Converter ---> FLAC ---> Traders Little Helper (Remove SBE's)---> FLAC ---> Z-ZIp (Compress Files) ---> YOU!

Track listing:

Disc 1
1. Intro
2. Deuce
3. Love Gun
4. Fits Like A Glove
5. Heaven's On Fire
6. Gold Gin
7. Black Diamond
8. Bang Bang You
9. No No No
10. Firehouse
11. Crazy Crazy Nights
12. Calling Dr Love
13. War Machine
14. Reason To Live
15. Tears Are Falling
16. I Love It Loud
17. Strutter
18. Shout It Out Loud
19. Encore Break

1988-08-13 Audience - WRATHCHILD REMASTER

Thanks to KUMPLEKLAUS for providing me with FLAC Lossless version of this rarely circulated 2nd night show at the Ritz. It was a difficult one to endure given the FM quality of the first night. As Klaus stated "for the die-hards only in his post". this recording suffers from NATURAL DISTORTION on the original recording (too small a microphone and too LOUD an event). It must of been Hella-loud in that small club with all that GIANT KISS gear packed in there. Unfortunately, when this occurs on the MASTER, there is LITTLE that can be done to remedy it except to soften it up and decrease as much of the overlaying NOISE as possible. So this is a REMASTER just to say I gave it a shot and hopefully make the listening experience a little bit more enjoyable for the listener. Sounds like by the performance, the band was pretty tired having giving it all up the night before. Sounds like little left in the tank this night and the performance sounds hurried and unenthusiastic.

Disc 2
1. Deuce
2. Love Gun
3. Fits Like A Glove
4. Heaven's On Fire
5. Gold Gin
6. Black Diamond
7. Bang Bang You
8. No No No
9. Firehouse
10. Crazy Crazy Nights
11. Calling Dr Love
12. War Machine
13. Reason To Live
14. Tears Are Falling
15. I Love It Loud
16. Strutter
17. Shout It Out Loud
18. Encore Break

REMASTERING:
Sony Soundforge
Audio Restoration Presets - reduce noise and balance levels
Noise Reduction Preset
Click and Crackle Remover Preset
Acoustic Mirror preset - final effect to "brighten up after Compression

AVS Audio Editor
Compression - Reduce muffling (used "guitar" setting)

DISC 3 - Continued Plus WNEW-FM Interview 8.1.88. Interview comes from Maxell Tape From stereo when I recorded it on the day of broadcast in 1988. Same Lineage as the 8/12/88 show with broadcasted songs removed during MASTERING.

1988-08-12 FM BROADCAST - WRATHCHILD Version Continued
1. Lick It Up
2. Rock & Roll All Nite
3. Detroit Rock City
4. Announcer Intro

WNEW-FM Concert Intro and Interiew. Gene And Paul With Pat. St. John
5. Interview Segment #1
6. Interview Segment #2
7. Interview Segment #3

1988-08-13 FM Audience - WRATHCHILD Remix Continued
8. Lick It Up
9. Rock & Roll All Nite
10. Detroit Rock City

https://mega.nz/#!P4FQyLpL!TiMwOtB-Qbiyuf0M-OtLhrhkHTrP0t9wErs4jmuALHM

Please reply with thanks if you download. nice to know new versions of old favorites are appreciated.

See less See more
#9 ·
Thank you! Interested to listen and compare to the other versions I have for of this one. I was at this show. Definitely the most intense Kiss show I've ever attended (even more intense than the MSG 1996 reunion show I attended). The crowd was nuts, it was packed to the point that one couldn't move, and the temperature inside had to be over 100 degrees. My girlfriend bailed after half the show and waited in the lobby downstairs for the show to end. Ha, ha!