JAMES TAYLOR - "Live on the BBC 1969" (broadast) - Guitars101 - Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitars101 - Guitar Forums > Music Files > Bootlegs > Lossy Audio Bootlegs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arena Artist

slipperman is on a distinguished road
JAMES TAYLOR - "Live on the BBC 1969" (broadast)

JAMES TAYLOR - "Live on the BBC 1969" (broadast)
BBC Studios, London, England
March 9th, 1969
Produced by Frances Line
Very Good Mono FM Broadcast

James Taylor - vocals, guitar
Gordon Giltrap - guitar (on Steamroller Blues)
David Moses - bass (on Steamroller Blues)

01 Oh Susanna
02 Country Road
03 Fire and Rain
04 Steamroller Blues
05 Carolina In My Mind

Lineage:
off air master reel
master reel (transfer information unknown) > AIFF 16bit/44.1k > **editing/restoration > wav > flac > mp3

Uploader’s Notes:
My Kind Of Folk Restoration Project:
Lost BBC “My Kind Of Folk” sessions. These aircheck recordings were discovered in a private collection and have not circulated before. An old friend in London well aware of my rabid interest in all things Sandy Denny, alerted me to this stash of tapes last year as he thought it might contain a new source recording of her.
Primarily recorded and transmitted during 1968 and 1969 and long since wiped from the BBC archives, these sessions feature many of the key musicians from the 1970s UK folk/rock scene at earlier embryonic stages in their careers, and the earliest James Taylor recording to ever surface.
Thankfully, this project reconnected me with another old friend, kneesfudd, who has agreed to help restore and remaster these recordings. I benefited from his expertise on the subject matter decades ago and I admire his attention to detail, so we make a good team - not to mention we’re both Fairport fanatics. We go back to the days of traveling to another state with multiple analog decks in tow and dubbing continuously until the blanks ran out. Due to both of our schedules nowadays, we don’t anticipate a fast rollout, so expect this project to be rolling for the next several months, if not longer, as we’re addressing these sessions as free time permits.
- Alan Bershaw - 2017

kneesfudd noted:
James Taylor: featuring James Taylor at the dawn of his solo career. A week prior to this program, “Carolina In My Mind” had been released as a single in the UK. The “Sweet Baby James” sessions were still nine months away, but with the exception of the single, Taylor is already focusing on that material - a full year before release. Guitarist Gordan Giltrap and in-house bassist Bob Moses join in on “Steamroller Blues.” As far as I can tell, these sessions are the earliest James Taylor solo material ever to surface, pre-dating the May 3, 1969 recording from Clark University by nearly two months.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1djn08...0Broadcast.rar

Tags
bbc broadcasts, james taylor