Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The strings on this acoustic are 13 yrs old so it sounds like a classical guitar...but it's just "flat strings" Thanks!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow this was great fingers, sounded awesome, outstanding job!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Really cool.

One question - how the HELL can you make strings last for 13 years?? Mine die after a week and snap after 2

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
13 years...I think I skipped that part on purpose

Man how can they keep the innotation??
Old strings drives me mad

Never mind the clip was great...old strings or not.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Those strings must be like a fine wine. They improve with age.....or something. Some cool speedy licks in this one, which sounds great on an acoustic, since you usually hear speedy licks on an electric.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! reading these unexpected responses...thanks guys...actually, I did change the strings on Aug 2, 1990...the day Iraq invaded Kuwait...so..14 yr old strings...(as for the intonation...I wipe each string with a terry cloth and alcohol and it take off this "back gunk" and the strings last a while) try it.....this particular guitar is too bright if I change strings and I always hate the tone until the phosphor bronze wears off...then it gets mello sounding and stays in tune...true story...believe it or not...

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
OK now I understand,, you changed the strings because Iraq invaded Kuwait or was it a coincidence, hahahha

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah Fingers have you tried using Bronze only strings, they have a much warmer sound than phospherous bronxe ones.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks...now lets let this one die gracefully....RID:
The strings on guitars I am super picky with...I like the "feel" of the phosphor bronze...I hate the feel of bonze only...even after all these years...on electric...I hate everything out there especially the Ernie ball Boomers....for the electric the only ones I use are D'Addario .009's as they have incredible feel....those I change monthly and still use the "wipe with alcohol" technique...just use it on the strings..NOT the fretboard...If I take all the strings off to do adjustments...then I wipe the frets the same way....presto...instant improvement...
(note to self....
go check out a music store for new bronze only stings)....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts