Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll!

What do you all think of this song?

The sound quality is not the greatest sorry.

This is a band I was in Called Mysterious Ed. Dale Pederson is singing, I'm playing lead with my Steinberger G2T through my Peavey Musician and Music Man cab. Rhythm guitar is Jay Englebretsen (He starts the track), bass Mike Tienken and drums by Chris Mawhold.

Recorded at Brian Bart Studios, Minneapolis Mn around 1995.

The sound quality is low because I only had a damn cassette tape of the session but I think the song still rocks. Just gimme my 15 minutes!

I was listening to a lot of Metalica back then - the solo kinda shows it :) The solo was like a second or third taker. I was juts sick of having to keep re-doing it - so I just "went for it" and I kept this one. I remember eveyone in the booth looked up at me with smiles on thier faces when I played this solo.

Rock on
______

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stuck in my head ;) sound quality didnt really interfere with any of it :D it sounded good all the way through

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I think you played a blinder of a solo in this one mate :thumb: I can't really see any obvious leanings to Mr Hammett but I stopped listening to Metallica after Justice so I am probably wrong :D.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I think its a great catchy tune. I love the lead. Pretty nice stuff man!

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Goport said:
I think you played a blinder of a solo in this one mate :thumb: I can't really see any obvious leanings to Mr Hammett but I stopped listening to Metallica after Justice so I am probably wrong :D.
Yeah I guess it's not too obvious. It could be all in my mind or something :)

Thanks much for the listen Goport!

You da Man! Happy Christmas!

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3fingers said:
I think its a great catchy tune. I love the lead. Pretty nice stuff man!
Thanks 3Fingers!

I liked the tune too - and the lyrics. Everyone in the band helped with the lyrics. Dale the lead singer kept asking us all for lines. It was a fun way to write a song.

I got in a fight with the other guitar player and quit the band after a year or so. I was pissed that he wanted me to totally change my style and sound - and I wouldn't do it. His excuse was that it was his and Dale's music - so he had the right to tell me what to do musicaly. I figured that may be so - but when I was made lead guitar player I was told I could do what I wanted - then they changed thier tune and wanted to put the reigns on me. Ahhh band life eh? I really think if we stuck with it we could have gone places. I have a few more tunes for the Ed Heads I'll have to post a couple more..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts