Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never tried to play to a jazz tune before so i thought i would give it a go.. not sure if you would even consider this jazz, i guess if stiglar listens he can tell me if im on the right track or way off base, hes the only one i know on here thats really into jazz.. this was all new to me, so any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aww thx sister that was very kind of you...i just thought i would give it a shot to try somethin different.. kinda anxious to see what stiglar says if he listens so i can see what he has to say that may help me get better:thumb: thx for listenin appreciated it

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
It certainly sounds pretty jazzy mate. Great tune! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Gr8 track, Don!!!:jam: I loved the jazzy flavor and your playing, as always, is exlnt but, I don't think jazz players would really consider it jazz per se. I also recorded a track (that I've never posted anywhere) :lol: that I tried to make a jazz piece but, when it was done, I knew it wasn't really jazz.:scratch: But your song is awesome, nonetheless

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sgstd said:
Gr8 track, Don!!!:jam: I loved the jazzy flavor and your playing, as always, is exlnt but, I don't think jazz players would really consider it jazz per se. I also recorded a track (that I've never posted anywhere) :lol: that I tried to make a jazz piece but, when it was done, I knew it wasn't really jazz.:scratch: But your song is awesome, nonetheless
thx for the honest feedback robbie,, i had a feelin it wasnt really jazz, but i never really listened to enough jazz to know what jazz really is i guess.. least now i know not to consider it a jazz piece lol.. thx for bein honest and for listenin robbie:thumb:

·
I'm a Very Good Girl !
1,350 Posts
If I hadn't just heard it I wouldnt have thought it possible to hear jazz played like that one guitar....brilliant one Don babes

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I would catagorize this more as jazz-fusion and it is extrememly good, Wiz. :thumb:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Wow Don! fantastic Jazz! this was totally fantastic! you sure have a wide variety of style bro in your guiatr playing,, and this track surely shows that! wtg!:icon_thum

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Yep I agree...it's Jazzy Blues, but really cool. I'm sure it's just a slight mode change to get it more jazzy...Stig should know.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
It's good wiz !

i'd say it's more a jazz/blues kinda thing .... the main thing is to move more towards the minor scale rather than the pentatonic .. the pentatonic is what gives it that bluesy kinda feel ... it's all note choice really , what i usually do is go through the backing and just play one note in various places .. see where that one note sounds good and when you improvise over it the next time try and hit that one note that sounds good at the end of a lick or phrase or whatever ...

i'm not the total authority on this though ! lol .. after all it's improv so nothing is really ever wrong !

it is good though don i think this is a pretty good step for you your playing always has that hint of jazz in it ... i like that and i think your in a good position ...

i'd hate you guys to some how have hold of my first crack at some jazz :lol:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thx for the feedback guys i am glad you are enjoyin this..

and stig thanks for the honest feedback man, ima try and do what ya said and maybe try it again sometime soon.. thx man:thumb:

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Well , this is what ya call "Wiz Jazz" .... I think it sounds great myself :sap: ! Prolly if ya listened more to jazz don u'd pick up the lil diff notes they use . Hell , I prolly couldnt make it sound this good and I'd prolly be leaning on the pent. scale 2 cuz as ya know thats my fav lol . So I"d be kinda lost 2 . Excellent tone babe and feel . Stigs prolly right , just a matter of note selection and placement and definetly always good to try something different ! Thats what i need to do more of . Thats pretty cool what u did round 1:50 to 2:00 min mark tho ! Those fast lil runs . That was awesome !

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zeppy said:
Thats pretty cool what u did round 1:50 to 2:00 min mark tho ! Those fast lil runs . That was awesome !
hey keith theres that 2:00 mark statement again:sap: :D

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Whatever it's classification, it sounds GOOD, and I think that's the main thing!
Great tone on it Don! This is the kind of stuff I love listening to...whatever it's called..:icon_thum :icon_peac

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
First time crack at it eh? Heck - not bad at all! You get my applause! Ya know - I wouldnt mind trying that tune myself - I have never really toyed w/ jazz - could you get me a copy of that BT? Please??? :)

Thanks!

Rj

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.