Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's a cool guitar bconner. I went to your web site and listened to Blair's Boogie. The pickups do a pretty good single coil sound with the coil tap. You should post some of your songs on this site. Cool guitar...cool tunes! :icon_peac

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
bconner said:
Here's a pic of the second guitar I've built. It's got lace Sensor Hemi pickups in it. Its also got coil-tapping. Tell me what you think of it. If you'd like to hear sounds clips of it go to my website http://www.blairconner.tk and go to the song section, Rock On and Blair's Boogie and usign this guitar.
Would you mind giving us a run down on the Lace Hemi's... you dont see alot of them and would love to hear the scoop on them.
Thanks
VB

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey vintage brat,
About the Lace Sensor Hemi's. I love em. Their the first pickups I've bought that werent already in the guitar. I got em off ebay for about $100 for both, quite a deal. As for the sound I think they sound great. The neck pickup can get a really jazzy sound with a lot of bass, and yet at the same time get an awesome SRV type sound (with the coil tap) but eve nwithout coil tap you can get some good attack. The bridge pickups I like a lot because it picks up the harmonics really nicely and with a good distoriton can scream like none-other. Both of em sound great to when they're just clean. If you'd like to hear what they sound like go to my website. To hear the coil-tapping sound listen to Blair's Boogie. For the bridge pickups listen to Rock On. And for a clean setting listen to Dream. My site is www.blairconner.tk all the songs are in the song section.
Peace.
Blair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.