Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These shows were recorded in the early '90s at Electric Ladyland Studios, a joint production between the Album Network and NYC radio station WNEW-FM. They don't seem to circulate as much as shows from Westwood One, etc. that perhaps had wider distribution. I've been collecting them as I see them and have some shows to post from the original silver broadcast CDs sent to radio stations. This is the first one.

Here are others in the series that I haven't been able to find in similar Pre-FM quality. If you have any of these and can post 'em, that would be awesome.

Damn Yankees 07/23/90 (this one might be the most rare one. I've never seen anyone post it from a pre-FM source. If you have it, please upload it. Thank you!)
The Fixx 04/29/91
Roger McGuinn 07/19/91
Jethro Tull 08/20/91
Procol Harum 09/25/91
Ron Wood November 1992
The Kinks 05/12/93

Not sure on date:

Melissa Etheridge
George Thorogood 1993

Will post:

Slaughter
Foreigner
Alice Cooper
Great White
Little Feat
Living Colour
Bad Company

Also have:
Paul Rodgers
Pat Benatar

Any other shows you have from the series that I don't have listed above, I'm interested to hear 'em!!

In the meantime, enjoy this initial offering. Feel free to track this out and post it to Dimeadozen, etc. Right now, it's in the original format (multiple songs per track) as sent to radio.

Lineage: Original silver broadcast CD>iTunes>WAV>to you

Intro
Rough Housin'
Back Where You Belong
Last Thing
Caught Up in You
Wild Eyed Southern Boys
Rebel to Rebel
Second Chance
Sound of Your Voice
Hold On Loosely

38 Special - Live at Electric Ladyland 1991

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Listening to it just now. Utterly incredible. 38spl special forces and tour de force are just so good. Both albums you can play right through and not skip, just like this amazing upload. I salute you sir. You win januarys best upload !!

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Listening to it just now. Utterly incredible. 38spl special forces and tour de force are just so good. Both albums you can play right through and not skip, just like this amazing upload. I salute you sir. You win januarys best upload !!
You're so right. I've had other .38 Special live albums and bootlegs, but they are in REALLY strong form here. Glad you enjoyed it!

· Registered
101 Posts
Nice upload.... but, according to etreedb.org this Electric Ladyland Studio recording upload is missing the following tracks: Rockin' Into The Night, Memphis, Stone Cold Believer, Fantasy Girl, 20th Century Fox, Chattahoochie, and I've Been A Mover. Also Tracks 5 thru 10 are just commercials....

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice upload.... but, according to etreedb.org this Electric Ladyland Studio recording upload is missing the following tracks: Rockin' Into The Night, Memphis, Stone Cold Believer, Fantasy Girl, 20th Century Fox, Chattahoochie, and I've Been A Mover. Also Tracks 5 thru 10 are just commercials....
The show on Etree is from a different source and the songs you listed are just bonus tracks taken from a different show (not Electric Ladyland). This is a straight rip of the original broadcast disc sent to radio, which is why it includes those extra tracks of commercials. Thanks and enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.