Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally read about this here:
http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7187

The link to the video was dead, so I mirrored it here. I've seen stories of young 'shredders' before, but this kid is the real deal - he plays a couple of Racer X tunes (B.R.O. and Frenzy) virtually flawlessly. How he developed such a technique so young is anyones guess.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
What a little freakin show off.................. :notme: :notme: :D How would you like to sit down next to him in a music store, thinking your gonna give the kid a thrill with your riffs.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I seen the vid yesterday on the jemsite forums. Damn the kid can play. Puts most of us to shame.:cry: They said he is 12 or 13 years old. Nice guitar 2.:thumb:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rythameen said:
What a little freakin show off.................. :notme: :notme: :D How would you like to sit down next to him in a music store, thinking your gonna give the kid a thrill with your riffs.
LOL, that's hilarious. I already suck when trying to play in music stores :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
F1 Junkie said:
The lad certainly has it. Little bastard! ;)
I agree, especially with the little bastard bit !! :lol:

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Hmph!!!! Time to pack up, go home and take up embroidery:irk: He needs to get a life and starting chasing girls or something.....very, very impressive though!!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wow that is really great. The good thing about this is that you can tell he is nervous but yet he plays it perfectly whilst looking around and smiling (probably at his proud parents). He looks like he is doing it with great ease to not an ounce of sweat dropping from that brow. I wonder who he is, i'd like to keep an eye on his progress.

I remeber thinking the same thing about Thomas Mcrocklin (Mclaughlin) when I saw him playing on telly. For you people who don't know who he is, he is a lad from Newcastle, England and when he was 8 years old when he appeared on TV on a breakfast show and started playing incredible guitar. He was a massive Vai fan and had a Jem and he could mimic Vai exactly. Then when he got older (about 14) he formed a band and Vai picked up on them and produced his album and they supported him on tour etc. Then they disappeared into obscurity and now he works in a guitar shop in Newcastle although when Vai and/or Satch came to the UK they would call him up and invite him to play on stage with them. At opne point he was cutting heads with Vai and repeating note for note what Vai was playing.

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
phil28uk said:
Wow that is really great. The good thing about this is that you can tell he is nervous but yet he plays it perfectly whilst looking around and smiling (probably at his proud parents). He looks like he is doing it with great ease to not an ounce of sweat dropping from that brow. I wonder who he is, i'd like to keep an eye on his progress.

I remeber thinking the same thing about Thomas Mcrocklin (Mclaughlin) when I saw him playing on telly. For you people who don't know who he is, he is a lad from Newcastle, England and when he was 8 years old when he appeared on TV on a breakfast show and started playing incredible guitar. He was a massive Vai fan and had a Jem and he could mimic Vai exactly. Then when he got older (about 14) he formed a band and Vai picked up on them and produced his album and they supported him on tour etc. Then they disappeared into obscurity and now he works in a guitar shop in Newcastle although when Vai and/or Satch came to the UK they would call him up and invite him to play on stage with them. At opne point he was cutting heads with Vai and repeating note for note what Vai was playing.
Thomas played a spot with my old band when he was 8 (around 1988) and he was just getting exposure. Here's a link to a site thats got some sound clips...
http://www.guitar9.com/9195.html

And here he is now at Sounds Live in Newcastle

·
Registered
886 Posts
Rocker35 said:
Thomas played a spot with my old band when he was 8 (around 1988) and he was just getting exposure. Here's a link to a site thats got some sound clips...
http://www.guitar9.com/9195.html

And here he is now at Sounds Live in Newcastle
Cheers for that link. I buy most of my gear from that shop and know him quite well. He always tries and gets me the best possible price for stuff not that you need it like as that is one of the cheapest shops in the UK. I've had a few little jams with him in the shop and he is just incredible. He seems quite shy and I never heard him fully rip on the guitar. He's a really nice lad too. I know the drummer who recorded his solo album with him too.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Man that tom mcrocklin is awesome ! ..

i listened to a few of his tracks several times and there is some serious vai and soul in his playing .. really awesome !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts