Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an unfinished song. I think this could have vocals, but I just don't have a starting point, however I do love the chord progression on this. Part of reminds me of something else, but I wasn't intentionally trying to steal anyone's song.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'm still tring to come up with a vocal line, but it may be months at this rate! :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
now that was a sweet tune!

fine sound and nice playing!.......enjoyed!......jammed along on my fiddle on about the 4th listen,.....very nice! :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trevitte said:
fine sound and nice playing!.......enjoyed!......jammed along on my fiddle on about the 4th listen,.....very nice! :)
Hey thanks T. If you get so moved, record it and post it, would love to hear how that sounds.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is really very pretty. it has a nice sort of stones feel to it but that is selling it a little short because of the lovely major 7th that pops up in it. It does need vocals (maybe even a female vocal?) This is the variax, right? sounds more convincing in places than my vg-88. is it capo'ed at the 4th fret, or does the variax have a virtual capo capability?

anyway - this is a top tune mate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I hear so much potential for vox in this it isn't even funny. I had harmonies going off in my head like firecrackers. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LaceGuitarPlayer said:
I hear so much potential for vox in this it isn't even funny. I had harmonies going off in my head like firecrackers. Very nice!
Lace, I know you can sing, so I would gladly invite you to feel free to use the song as a backing and see what you can come up with. Thanks for checking it out.

goport said:
this is really very pretty. it has a nice sort of stones feel to it but that is selling it a little short because of the lovely major 7th that pops up in it. It does need vocals (maybe even a female vocal?) This is the variax, right? sounds more convincing in places than my vg-88. is it capo'ed at the 4th fret, or does the variax have a virtual capo capability?

anyway - this is a top tune mate.
Goport, I can see the Rolling Stones similarity on this; maybe Angie, but I think my song has its own vibe. I wasn't thinking about the stones when I came up with the chord progression. At the same time, you never know when you're being subconsiously influenced by another song. I remember George Harrison getting sued for My Sweet Lord for sounding too much like He's So Fine. You caught me with the Variax again. I have some real acoustic guitars I could record with, but the Variax is too easy to record with. And yes, the capo was on the 4th fret. Line 6 is releasing some software called Workbench that's supposed to have a virtual capo and alt. tunings, but until then, I have to use the real deal. You've got a great ear! Thanks for the comments mate.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
lol. I agree about the song being your own I just felt it had a nice loose "liquid" style to it. as I said, to call it stones-like is selling it short. I like this style of playing though. Lou Reeds Coney Island Baby had a similar sort of feel, albeit completely different in structure, and that is one of my favourite songs :)

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
WOW KS....This is sooo beautiful...Very soothing:icon_thum

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Joe!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I would love to try to come up with something for this one, so I accept your invite and hope I can find something you like!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks goport, rain, sgstd and lace! Appreciate all the kind comments. I've turned this song over to a couple of folks for creative input and hope to have some new versions of it reposted soon. I would welcome anyone else to feel free to use this piece as backing if you want to try jamming to it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet singing, Jimi. Nice job of freestyling. It would probably be good to come up with some structured lyrics and turn this into a longer, more conventional song, but for now this really rocked (despite being mellow).

·
Registered
149 Posts
A very touching song , loved it and my wife loved it too. Awesome playing man. Time for me to dust off the old ovation and ripp a tune for the wife and maybe get lucky.LOL Thanks for the motivation man.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Much obliged Mike & Tony. Glad to inspire some back-to-the-basics acousticness!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts