Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy Yall!

I wrote this song in early 1980's... yeah I'm dating myself... I'm doing everything in this piece. I picked up the guitar to write lyrics so it's not that great...

I went to Airwaves Studio with my Yamaha six string Adele to record after partying for 36 hours. I cut like 24 songs in 3 hours, all one takes, so there are alot of mistakes in this. I could have done a way better job breathing for length in some places.

I hope you enjoy anyway!!

Janell

OK... putting this back on since I went and got extra space... hehehe...

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ksdb and pickdust for listening and letting me know what you think. I'm so glad you liked it!!

I feel it turned ok considering I was three steps from crashing when I recorded it. And anyone who knows me knows what that means... hehehe... but I'm still not satisfied with it... I'm just glad you guys liked!!

Janell

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,764 Posts
Wow I loved this alot.
After 36 hours....hehe nothing beats one when being young :lol:
I sure remember staying up for too many hours back then as well.
At least you got your stuff down on tape, all my old stuff is simply gone.
Gotta keep this one, great stuff.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rid and Rythameen for listening!! I appreciate the compliments!!

Rid said:
After 36 hours....hehe nothing beats one when being young :lol:
I sure remember staying up for too many hours back then as well.
Actually, I wrote it back in the early 80's but it was recorded in 2003. I'n not gonna gwoah up... hehehehe.. PARTY ON DUDE!!!

Janell

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey thanks Kain, Naifuzan and Mike!! I'm really glad you liked this!!

Naifuzan said:
I like the fact that it's a first take and not totally perfect. But it's hard to hear any mistakes when you havent written the tune yourself, the big picture is what you notice.
Yeah you are right, alot of people tell me they don't hear many mistakes, mostly in my singing cause I didn't take a deep enough breath to sustain some places. But because I know how the song was written I hear a lot of mistakes on the guitar. One of the biggest was the fact that I didn't do the pause at the very beginning... oops... hehehe

Janell

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,734 Posts
Hey Lace. Very groovy work. I love the vibrato in your voice. Heck of a job! I would have had to snort gasoline to keep that schedule..... :wtf:
Great work Lace!! :rock:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hey thanks 3fingers and Mr. weed! I really appreciate you taking a listen and the kind words![/

Tumbleweed477 said:
...this is more what I am used to hearin from ya.....;)
Yeah, I know. Sounding more familiar huh? hehehe

Janell

G

·
As usual you always think your stuff could be better but to me it sounds pretty spiffy....recorded in the 80's? Gawd you are ancient! heheh

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Howdy Ihate and Black Star,
It really means alot to me that yall liked this. It's my first original post and I have no fingernails left!! hehehe

ihateloggingin said:
As usual you always think your stuff could be better but to me it sounds pretty spiffy....recorded in the 80's? Gawd you are ancient! heheh
Actually it was written in the 80's and recorded in 2003. And yeah... I'm pretty ancient... but the preservatives in the food I eat keep me from getting too stale... hehehe

Janell

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.