Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was thinking here at work, I dont really see too much talk about Angus Young around here. I'm listening to the live cd, If You Want Blood, and Angus is just lightin up that fret board this whole show. I was just curious if we have any AC/DC fans on this board? I have about 14 or 15 of their cd's, but had been out of the mood for them for a good while. Now I'm playing their old shit again and loving it. Bon Scot has always been my favorite rock and roll singer/frontman, and I think it's ashame that he died when he did. Nothing against Brian cause he's great too, but Bon was just it for me. He had the attitude, the look, stage presence, just everything.

Where are my fellow AC/DC fans at? Show em some love!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Count me in -- I've seen them live 4 or 5 times, outstanding.

Granted, Angus may not be the shred type or even a very technical by any steech of the imagination -- but hot damn can that boy tickle the frets! Ba-dow!

D>

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I Love AC/DC. My playing style is more like Angus than anyone I guess since I play more bluesy, bendy type leads and major pentatonic scales. I play by the seat of my pants for whatever fits a song rather than playing technical theoretical scales from Hell. I'm not that disciplined or patient enough to be a Malmsteen!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Add me to the list...seen them a dozen times at least. I love it when Angus rises up out of the foggy floor playing highway to hell.

My favorite tune is Riff Raff....but Black in Black is a classic album.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Oh man, I love AC/DC, but I never had the pleasure of seeing them live. One of the few bands that I just couldn;t get it together to go see for whatever reasons. Maybe if I tell the wife I'll do dishes for a month I can go see them next time around.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
count me in as a fan too !

i also thought bon scott was an awesome frontman .. and it's so weird having a band from australia that people respect after all this time lol . and that bon scott was born and buried right here where i live . it's strange for me ! ...

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
With all respect for the current line up of guys...the Bon Scott period was the best AC/DC music around...Simple, in your face, rock n roll....if you want an attitude adjustment...just try cranking the old stuff up in your car and driving with that stuff blazing....I never get tierd of it. "Powerage" was my favorite by them. Rock on AC/DC fans

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Count me among the AC/DC fans as well - especially Angus and Malcolm. I've never seen them live but I am sure they kick ass. Bon Scott or Brian Johnson - who cares!!! It's about the music for me.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Stiglar said:
...and it's so weird having a band from australia that people respect after all this time

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of bullshit is this?!?
What about Olivia Newton John?

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
I'm a fan.. i grew up on AC/Dc.. and when i started learning the guitar about 22 years ago,, i statrted out on AC/DC tunes.. great band that stayed tied and true to the old school of in your face hard rock ..with the chugging riffs of malcom and the killer leads from angus,, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Great thread, Sucka! You can't rock that's any purer than that. Always have been a fan, but not lucky enough to catch any of their live shows. Will definately be there to see them next time they tour.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
No chance of catching them here in Singapore.....but i love that band as much as any other metal band....awesome guitars and really GOOOOD vocals....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts