Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if there are any iron maiden fans here please help out....ok on the intro to aces high where the fast oicking comes in should i use up and down picking or wat?im having a little trouble its coming slowly together but i hate playing stuff at a really slow pace but im told this helps and then u speed up the process....help out.

· Banned
7,134 Posts
RockGod5150 said:
ok if there are any iron maiden fans here please help out....ok on the intro to aces high where the fast oicking comes in should i use up and down picking or wat?im having a little trouble its coming slowly together but i hate playing stuff at a really slow pace but im told this helps and then u speed up the process....help out.
Up and down, but it flows easier with hammer ons. On the G string, downstroke on C (5th fret), the pull off and hammer on between 4th and 5th fret, downstroke on b string, E (5th fret). The trick with Maiden is to do a little bit at a time, then move on to other parts. :thumb: Hope that helps.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks im starting to get it now but now i have a question on the intro...im doing everything the tab says to do but it still doesnt sound like the song...is it cause i dont have another guitarist playing with me...cause i know they both play on it.

· Banned
7,134 Posts
RockGod5150 said:
thanks im starting to get it now but now i have a question on the intro...im doing everything the tab says to do but it still doesnt sound like the song...is it cause i dont have another guitarist playing with me...cause i know they both play on it.
Haahaaaa... Yes, most likely you are hearing correctly since there is just your guitar. Usually you can get by by playing the lower measure rather than the higher for many Maiden songs to get some idea of the actual song without twin guitars.

· Registered
221 Posts
Aces Intro

If I recal from watching Live After Death (1000 times ha!) they use hammer ons and pull offs during this part. Listening to the album version bears this out. Similar in some ways to the the Trooper which has a similar section played in harmony.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.