Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hopefully this will upload . just for the record myself and Linda created this in a spur of the moment idea . Used 54 ! tracks in Cubase , sometimes i had to stop and let the chip cool off ! . The drums sound a little Robotic , tried using Locical edit and quantize to add feel , i dont think it worked , Mixing this is a nightmare !and during the solo i swapped guitars for the high bit as the Epiphone twin neck cuts of a little short .Anyway its done now . oh i also had to reduce the bit rate as its over 10meg . Hope you like it ..............

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Holy ---- 54 tracks!!! Man I have trouble with 4 or 5 Sounds really great,, very nicely mixed,,, 54 tracks !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
PS ya might want to consisder water cooling if you do this many tracks very much in the future, :)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
WOW!!!! Monster undertaking!!!!:icon_eek: 54 tracks?!?!?!? Man, I thought when I used 18 tracks on "Roundabout" that it was a lot!!! Anyway...this is fabulous guys!!! Extremely impressed...you definately raised the bar here!!!! Gr8 job!!!:icon_bowd :icon_bowd :icon_bowd

·
Registered
479 Posts
that was freakin awsome....ya'll did an exelent job on this

·
Registered
167 Posts
Loved it!

Especially when you got in the the lead breaks.

Anyway, I lost count count of the tracks after I reached 35!........So I just concentrated on listening to the fab overall sound. :music487:

Quite a mamoth singing session for Linda on this one too.......well done Hun! :icon_thum

·
Registered
292 Posts
My favourite Zeppelin Track!!!!!!!!!! Been wanting to cover this myself for ages.
Fantastic job on Instrumentation, Vocals and engineering by the pair of you.
Lets face it no human (that I know of) can play like John Bonham, let alone a sequence. That said, the drum track you have programmed is excellent in its own right.
An awesome job...........................................................................

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow!!!:icon_bowd :icon_bowd This was totally aweosme, killa job bluesy and linda, just aweosme!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Outstanding!!! You have attained the Page sound and feel...great and wonderfull production BP...and Linda!!! That's the best Plant vocals I have heard you do!! Extremely well done!! I love this!! Since i downloaded it, I am keeping this!! :icon_bowd:icon_bowd

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was awsome guys!!:icon_bowd

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everybody for taking time out and replying , I should mention that most of the tracks were stereo , so thats why i ran up a large bill as it were. I find that stereo , tho a bigger sample gives you a bigger sound . Thankyou all the same , heres to the next big project .............:icon_surp

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Ive never heard this song before.But 1st time i heard it i liked it. The vox made it sound very much like Yes In fact i would go so far as to say it sounded like Ritchie Blackmore and Jon Anderson. Great !!!!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts