Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Shredding it up!!!
1,181 Posts
what song?? anything???

how about satriani - tears in the rain??

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Clasical guitar (nylon acoustic), original composition, an acoustic cover? What are you looking for?

Tears in the rain is sooo boring man. There are plenty more tastefull songs that could beat that one easily. Satch isnt "everything"

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
cormack said:
id prefer to do some kinda original composition(dont have a classical guitar). i really like to stay away from covers. so say if your interested
It's much harder trying to nail an origional isn't it. .

And "Hide Away" was not played on a classical guitar - far from it :D

Thats cool. .

·
Shredding it up!!!
1,181 Posts
verga said:
Clasical guitar (nylon acoustic), original composition, an acoustic cover? What are you looking for?

Tears in the rain is sooo boring man. There are plenty more tastefull songs that could beat that one easily. Satch isnt "everything"
not saying he is...i'd love to play Stevie Ray Vaughn 'rude mood' but i haven't learnt it all yet.

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
Naifuzan said:
I might take you up on that acoustic hideaway challenge some time... I'll see if I can record something decent sounding and get back to ya. :icon_cool
Sounds good to me.

With or without a backing track?

I would say without. Because if we use a backing track - we'd need to find one or make one. I could make one, but it would be a little work.

·
Yeah, so what?
1,548 Posts
Naifuzan said:
I was thinking without too... Just one rythm guitar and one lead.
Overdubbs on acoustic??, plain ol straight acoustic blues would sound awesome, raw as it should be. BTW, I´d love to listen PJ´s slide with your harp playing :thumb:

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
Naifuzan said:
Ok PJ, I just finished my acoustic hideaway. It won't stand a chance against anything you'll cook up on your acoustic, but we can do battle anyway if you wanna :grin:
Hold on a sec!

Didn't you say you wanted one rhythem and one lead guitar? I was thinking just one guitar. So which is it?

·
Yeah, so what?
1,548 Posts
GuitarPlayingPJ said:
No slide on Hide Away sorry to say . .
I know, I was just thinking on a couple posts you guys did seperately,nothing to do one with the other, he was messing with the harp on his, and you were doing one slide thing on acoustic, or maybe it wasn´t you?? :scratch:.Anyways, nevermind,..

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
Naifuzan said:
Does it matter if we do 1 or 2 guitars? I did with 2 guitars, if you do it with one thats fine two. Doesnt really matter, does it? :)
Does it matter - hmmm. Well kinda - to play it on one guitar is way different than playing with a lead guitar and a rhythem guitar. SRV played it with one guitar live. It shows more talent I think if you play it on one because you have to cover the leads and rhythem at the same time. Much more interesting that way.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
GuitarPlayingPJ said:
Does it matter - hmmm. Well kinda - to play it on one guitar is way different than playing with a lead guitar and a rhythem guitar. SRV played it with one guitar live. It shows more talent I think if you play it on one because you have to cover the leads and rhythem at the same time. Much more interesting that way.

What do ya think?
Ahh what the heck. Ok, I'll see if I can pull it off on one guitar

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.