Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting a Fender DG22CE Acoustic Guitar. Any one heard of it and/or owned it. Any other guitars you can suggest in similar price range would be good too.
Thanks
Lorenz

:icon_thum

·
Registered
240 Posts
how much is it? i paid 300 for my Ibanez PF5CENT acoustic electric w/cutaway back in i think 99 or 2000, and its held up really friggin well so far, its an excellent guitar

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well in NZ its $1299, but in the USA its RRPUS$715. So fairly moderate prices not high end guitars.

:bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g

·
Registered
733 Posts
fender is not exactly known for their acoustics. if youre willing to spend that much, i would look into an alvarez or an ibanez.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MattM said:
fender is not exactly known for their acoustics. if youre willing to spend that much, i would look into an alvarez or an ibanez.
Any particular Ibanez Model you can think of? I have a iBanez 7string electric so i know they make nice guitars.

Thanks
Lorenz

:thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Lorenz said:
Any particular Ibanez Model you can think of? I have a iBanez 7string electric so i know they make nice guitars.

Thanks
Lorenz

:thumb:
i used to own an ibanez dreadnought like this model and i liked it...had a nice deep tone to it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/519614/

the one i own now is an alvarez regent RF20SC model acoustic/electric w/cutaway.

it runs about $450 here. it has more of a classic/folk tone to it..not quite as deep as a dreadnought. the pickup in it sounds quite nice too.
honestly IMO i would go with alvarez....nothing against ibanez, but i just think alvarez makes some of the finest hand made acoustics you can buy for the money. they also have other models you can check out....
http://www.alvarezgtr.com/

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plstrcast said:
If you want a great mid priced acustic, look in to Yamaha, I love mine, with the onboard preamp you cant go wrong
Yeah, i went and had a look at their website, found the LL6, is that the sort of guitar you mean? Any other models spring to mind?

:icon_peac :icon_peac :icon_peac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts