Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

my friend is thinking of buying a amp modeller mainly for home and live use, and plays blues and metal. He has a 100watt laney reverb already so what are your suggestions?

G

·
What2buy??????????????????

He has a Laney amp?? Thats what I use for 'real'.

Amp modeling is real nice, BUT it has to be good. I have all Behringer equipment (Bass Vamp Pro and a Vamp-2). It really comes down to money.

If I had the money, I probably would have bought a POD Pro. Since I dont have a spare 600.00 bucks laying around, the Behringer stuff is more along the lines I need to stay. Yea, its true the Behringer stuff is made in China, but this is not the same crap you find at the local dollar store: the Beringer Vamp equipment is quality equipment. They also proport to be a ISO9002 manufacturer, meaning they use the accepted standards of quality assurance recognised world wide (China has been shaping up the same way Japan did in the 70s with manufacturing).

While I like the POD equipment, I think, and everyone else will chime in, that the Vamp is the deal for the money. I just picked up a Vamp-2 with a case, power supple, strap, and footswitch for 99.00 at Musicians Fiend. The PODxt comes in at 300.00 for basically the same thing (OK, the POD has a better display).

Your buddy should buy the Vamp Pro for 160.00 if he wants a gigging box. Otherwise, buy a Vamp-2. If he really likes the little plastic box modeler thing, go for the POD XT.

Again, its money. I dont think really one is significantly better than the other sound-wise.

I only know the POD and Vamp equipment. TC makes some amp modeling gear, also as well as Roland.

Chances are, your buddy with the Laney is used to tone and responce, and none of the amp modeling stuff will do more than 'G-Wiz' him, so he is better off spending the 99.00 for a Vamp-2 (I love the Vamp-2! Its as addictive as Heroin but doesnt have near the withdrawl!)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats that thank you bot thing above?

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
mrr3000gt said:
He has a Laney amp?? Thats what I use for 'real'.

Amp modeling is real nice, BUT it has to be good. I have all Behringer equipment (Bass Vamp Pro and a Vamp-2). It really comes down to money.

If I had the money, I probably would have bought a POD Pro. Since I dont have a spare 600.00 bucks laying around, the Behringer stuff is more along the lines I need to stay. Yea, its true the Behringer stuff is made in China, but this is not the same crap you find at the local dollar store: the Beringer Vamp equipment is quality equipment. They also proport to be a ISO9002 manufacturer, meaning they use the accepted standards of quality assurance recognised world wide (China has been shaping up the same way Japan did in the 70s with manufacturing).

While I like the POD equipment, I think, and everyone else will chime in, that the Vamp is the deal for the money. I just picked up a Vamp-2 with a case, power supple, strap, and footswitch for 99.00 at Musicians Fiend. The PODxt comes in at 300.00 for basically the same thing (OK, the POD has a better display).

Your buddy should buy the Vamp Pro for 160.00 if he wants a gigging box. Otherwise, buy a Vamp-2. If he really likes the little plastic box modeler thing, go for the POD XT.

Again, its money. I dont think really one is significantly better than the other sound-wise.

I only know the POD and Vamp equipment. TC makes some amp modeling gear, also as well as Roland.

Chances are, your buddy with the Laney is used to tone and responce, and none of the amp modeling stuff will do more than 'G-Wiz' him, so he is better off spending the 99.00 for a Vamp-2 (I love the Vamp-2! Its as addictive as Heroin but doesnt have near the withdrawl!)
My son has the V-Amp pro, and I have the PodXT. It really is a question of money and personal preference. I would have your friend go to a music store and try out all the modelers he could before he makes his choice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I say go for the GNX3. It is underarated in my opinion because it takes a while to learn to use it, but once you completely understand how it works, its probably the most flexable. You should try one out, but remember, the presets suck balls. The Digitech website has some really good patches and a friendly forum where you can get help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts