Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alan Parsons

February 11, 2019
On The Blue Cruise (Day 2)
Studio B
Royal Caribbean Mariner Of The Seas
En Route from Nassau, Bahamas to Labadee, Haiti

Lostbrook 2.0 Volume 288

Source: CA11(cards)>SPSB-12>Sony M10(24/48)
Location: 80' center (tracks 1-6) and 40' center (tracks 7-15)
Transfer: Sony M10>Micro SDHC>PC>Sound Forge 10>WAV 16/44.1>Trader's Little Helper>FLAC(level 8)

Taper/Transfer: Lostbrook
Covers: ethiessen1

01 One Note Symphony* (5:25)
02 Damned If I Do (4:47)
03 Don't Answer Me (4:28)
04 Time (5:52)
05 Breakdown (3:00) >
06 The Raven (2:44)
07 I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (5:43)
08 Miracle* (3:32)
09 Luciferama (5:01)
10 Grammy Acknowledgement (1:50)
11 As Lights Fall* (4:33)
12 Psychobabble (5:54)
13 Prime Time > Band Intros (9:07)
14 Eye In The Sky (6:18)
15 Games People Play (5:33)

* First live performance

Alan Parsons - acoustic guitar, vocals, keyboards
P.J. Olsson - vocals
Danny Thompson - drums, percussion
Guy Erez - bass, vocals
Tom Brooks - keyboards, vocals
Todd Cooper - vocals, sax
Dan Tracey - guitar, vocals
Jeff Kollman - guitar, vocals

After seeing the enormous crowd in Studio B the previous day, my friend decided to leave Todd Rundgren early to save me a seat for Alan Parsons. When I arrived at the venue, there was a huge line that snaked through the main dining room, conga-line style. I was so far back that I was convinced I wouldn't even get in. Fortunately, the line moved faster than I expected and I was able to join my friend near the soundboard. To my surprise, all of the seats on the floor had been removed and, in what must be proof of the age of this crowd, the standing area was almost completely empty. I would have immediately headed to the floor if my friend had not left Todd early to save me that seat. As always, I eyed my neighbors suspiciously - there was a drunk guy to my friend's right, and on my left was a gregarious woman. She clapped enthusiasticly at first, but I was relieved when someone handed her a drink. I momentarily thought I was out of the woods but at the end of Don't Answer Me, she leaned over and said directly into my left microphone (in an unusual voice) "I asked him to play that one!" I immediately turned to my friend and said "If she keeps that up I'm going down there." He offered to change seats with me but you'll hear me say, "That guy's no good either." (Obviously, I'm guilty of talking on my own recording but I figured she had already ruined a portion of it and I really didn't care anymore.)Her clap-a-long at the beginning of The Raven did me in, and you'll hear me excuse myself and head to the floor at the end of the song. It was still pretty empty down there but I had to do some minor maneuvering to get away from talkers, some of whom were musicians who should have known better. I only relate this story because you might find it amusing. I think it's pretty funny when I listen to it now.

dalmar6677-Alan Parsons 2019-02-11 Studio B Royal Caribbean Mariner Of The Seas.rar - FileFactory 2019-02-11 Studio B Royal Caribbean Mariner Of The Seas.rar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts