Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a version of No More Mr. Nice Guy that I did a few weeks ago.

Basically, the drums and bass are a midi that I have. I doctored with them slightly and added some reverb in Sonar. I was shown how to slave my drum machine off of my PC two weeks ago, but I haven't had time to really mess with it. So maybe better sounding drums next time.

As far as guitar, I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to go for a more modern tone (like Alice performs it now), or a more classic feel like the original recording. I did it both ways, but I didn't care for how the rhythm parts came out with a Mesa Dual Rect patch. It was too chunky. So I wound up playing all of the rhythm and lead guitars on this track using my Agile AL-2800 through my POD XT Live pedal, with a 58' Bassman/Tubescreamer patch that I created and a Soldano patch for leads . This was played into my Soundblaster Audigy Live, recorded on Sonar 4 Producers Edition, mixed, then ripped to an MP3.

I sang the vocals through a patch on the POD XTL as well.

Here it is, enjoy.
No More Mr. Nice Guy :thumb:

· Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
This is really good mate. I was in an Alice Cooper tribute band called Alike Cooper ( www.alikecooper.co.uk ) and I musta played this one at least 100 times. It's a superbly written song and you did a great version of it. Great playing and great vocals. Superb. :thumb:

· Da Blooze Guy
5,863 Posts
Always like this one, great job. I used to do sound for a band called "Mr. Nice Guy", and we would pop this one on at the end of every gig.

· BRAVO TIME
3,144 Posts
gr8 vox!! gtr was awesome!!!! My wife and i are seeing him in one month, can't wait.

· Napoleon Dynamite
4,511 Posts
Again, Jason, it's great that you are posting your tunes here for a wider audience to enjoy. This is another fantastic cover of yours. Well played and sung...very convincing performances. Top shelf cover of the tune. Your vocals are particularly outstanding on this track. :thumb:

· I am a meat popsicle
4,742 Posts
Wow man! This is the most exact version of this tune i have ever heard anyone pull off...(no offence to Whawha's Alice band...as i have not heard anything from his Alice days..but it can't get much better than this)....Great job man!! :rock:

· I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,801 Posts
Just awesome Bytor!!!!!!. Always been a huge Alice fan, almost a prerequisite growing up in 70's Detroit area, and this was just an incredible rendition of this all the way around.....:thumb: :icon_peac !!!!

· Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,390 Posts
great stuff , all the bits are present and correct , gorgeous tones , really top notch , but the Vocals are class also , really Alice all over , i do love this tune , come dude give us some more , maybe one fromthe killers album ? , anyway spot on post in my book :bowdown:

· Yeah, so what?
1,553 Posts
Boy this sounded great :mix: You sure made those midi drums sound good, I can´t believe it. GReat playing and vox :icon_thum I personally prefer the raw guitar tone you had at the begining, sounded killer!

· Registered
172 Posts
I hate getting to a thread late; everyone else used up all the compliments..
The only thing I can add is this is one of my all time favorite songs and you nailed it.Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

· Musician
452 Posts
link doesnt work :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.