Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I noticed that the track#s were not sequential and did some research. Here's the song listing from db.etree.org for Tha Allman Brothers Band ??/??/39 - The Macon Sessions with the track#s from your file set added:

Slide Boogie nr1
01 Duane Allman Acoustic Blues Suite
- Terraplain Blues
- Come In My Kitchen
- Make My Dying Bed
Little Martha
Statesboro Blues
02 In Memory Of Elisabeth Reed
03 Midnight Rider
Hoochie Coochie Man
04 Slide Boogie nr2
05 Instrumental
0 Jazzy Instrumental
07 Revival
Leave My Blues At Home
08 In Memory Of Elisabeth Reed
09 Don't Keep Me Wonderin'

They match up very well! This suggests that "Slide Boogie nr2" is "One More Ride" (likely "Slide Boogie nr1" as well). Also, the songs I could identify in the 1st track here with Duane are:

- Traveling Riverside Blues
- Stones in My Passway
- Come On in My Kitchen
- Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting this! I noticed that the track#s were not sequential and did some research. Here's the song listing from db.etree.org for Tha Allman Brothers Band ??/??/39 - The Macon Sessions with the track#s from your file set added:

Slide Boogie nr1
01 Duane Allman Acoustic Blues Suite
- Terraplain Blues
- Come In My Kitchen
- Make My Dying Bed
Little Martha
Statesboro Blues
02 In Memory Of Elisabeth Reed
03 Midnight Rider
Hoochie Coochie Man
04 Slide Boogie nr2
05 Instrumental
0 Jazzy Instrumental
07 Revival
Leave My Blues At Home
08 In Memory Of Elisabeth Reed
09 Don't Keep Me Wonderin'

They match up very well! This suggests that "Slide Boogie nr2" is "One More Ride" (likely "Slide Boogie nr1" as well). Also, the songs I could identify in the 1st track here with Duane are:

- Traveling Riverside Blues
- Stones in My Passway
- Come On in My Kitchen
- Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed
. Note i avoided any official tracks
on the super deluxe set or dreams box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Track 05 sounds like Bob Dylan's "Down along the Cove".
A version appeared on the album "Ton-Ton Macoute!" by Johnny Jenkins, which ties in as Duane, Berry, Jaimoe and Butch all played on that Johnny Jenkins session.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • Isn't the first track from the Gatlinburg Tapes 04-1971(?)
  • Track 05 recorded at FAME Recording Studios in Muscle Shoals for Duane's unreleased solo album 02-1969
  • And the remaining tracks recorded at Capricorn Studios, Macon and Criteria Studios, Miami for the 'Idlewild South' sessions starting in Feb and then May to July-1970

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, dumb question maybe, but I'm not familiar with this file sharing site (1fichier.com: Cloud Storage). Is there any cause for concern when it requires that I "accept usage of cookies" before I can proceed to download the files? Thanks either way, looks like a great share.

·
Premium Member
2 Fender Telecasters. 2 Fender Stratocasters. Gibson acoustic. 77 Marshall halfstack, Fender combos
730 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts