Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amateur\'s song

this is my first actual complete song i made up. its sounds a little boring without any lyrics. the solo sounds a little like slash. also my mic is the crappy one in the monitor so i tried to make due with what i have

Attachments

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Re: Amateur\'s song

I really liked what you are doing here but you need to put some backing to it. Without backing it sounds like 2 songs. the playing is good and so is the timing, considering you are not using any accompanying backing. But in order to convey the tune you do need drums and maybe a bassline to help the transition between the clean and overdriven change. The only thing that is amateur about this is the way you have presented it (as in dry, with no backing) because your playing is solid and well defined. This is decent playing, well done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Amateur\'s song

thanks for the advise. im trying to form a band but i cant find any body that can play thats not in a band already. ive been playing for 1 1/2 years and right now im trying to create more original stuff this is the only thing ive been able to get sound like i song

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.