Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There!!! After sum much searching I found a new mic AND (ta tadada!) figureing out how to use program the right way, I made my playing sound like it really does.... All i did with program was take off the hollow sound that my mic gave it and added a blunt echo (made it sound cool eh?)... oh well hope it sounds better than before! (ya I know, two in one day, sheesh)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Edited by Hand of Cobain (10/27/04 08:55 PM)

I thought he was dead?
sorry sorry.......
not bad but you might want to raise the volume a little bit when you record it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe anyways, ya its not the recording volume, I had to keep it sorta quiet cuz everyone but me in my house is sick and was asleep =D I would go to garage but I cant drag my mic allthe way there =(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so was it any good? please feel free to tell me the bad stuff too cuz I really wanna fix it =D

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Yes HOC wait for Dannyboy.....I will warn you he will seem harsh but do not take that as a personal attack.. He is one of the best guitar players here and you can really learn from what he has to say!!!!! I also suggest you check out the lesson's and tabs thread!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
the important thing to remember is to not just play something
but to hear it with your inner ear
I dont think people should play with tabs at all untill they develope an ear. No means saying you dont have an ear i'm just saying since your starting out to think about that stuff

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol

1. The sharpest knife leaves the most remembered scar."

2. bb I know what your sayin
I used to have lots of tabs, along with my friend. But eventually I quit usin em but he still is.... Tabs are nice and all, but, you cant really put any emotion into anything.... I think thats what u meant =P

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
lol alright here goes . i will be leniant cause yo are still just a kid and i remember how i was at that age
. its cool to see you are actually trying to play ... it does lack any sort of song structure .. but lets forget that for now . there are obvious level descrepencies here where i find myself straining to hear it at times then i turn it up only to shit myself as it goes very loud . its hard for me to tell you what to try because i dont know how you go about recording and i dont know what your limits are with it .. but if possible .. try to encoporate some sort of rhythm guitar .. and then play a lead part over it . it just gives the listener that little bit more to think about and stops it becoming a chore to listen to . you obviously have potential . you seem to have a reasonable ear for what sounds correct and although your playing here was pretty much easy stuff . its clear you really didnt make any mistakes which is good . i will upload a 3 part clean guitar harmony soon to show you what i mean .. hopefully you will be able to see the possibilities . even with just using 1 guitar to make a tune you can do some great things . im not saying what i did is great but i will show you that by using 1 guitar to record 3 seperate overdubbed parts you can make a tune a million times better . but keep trying man cause its rare for kids these days to wanna actually learn the guitar . most of them tune down and use 1 finger for every 4 chords they put in their stupid little songs lol ... keep checking round for my post hopefully it will help .

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
LOL

kids these days ? .. your a kid ! ..

I'm a kid ! .. heheheh

seriously though .. i think what you did was pretty cool with the bottom E as a pedal note and the other notes on top ... could be used as a nice intro .. start quiet and slow (keep the listener straining to hear) then BANG a big fat heavy E riff it would kill .. oh yeah please crank it next time

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
LOL Danny, kids these days lmao
That was very cool HOC, keep it up!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, HOC! It was nice for a first timer and plz keep it up!
I see you are trying to put some feelings in it and
it's good! KEEP record of your playings and findout which
parts you need to improve on and if you get a chance, try to learn how to use recording Programs. Looks like you
don't have right equipments and programs to record multi tracks yet, but it's ok! Nobody knows everything at first and
at least you tried and that's a HUGH step already. It's ok to have Pride in your play. I remember I was so happy recording on windows using my $10 Mic for the first time. Try to copy your favorite songs using tabs, download BTs and playalong! If you haven't heard, go to www.guitarpro.com, download a program and try to play around little bit and you will get it.. Your favorite song tabs for this program can be found at www.mysongbook.com Good luck! I see a great future ahead of you!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mickey- Thanks
sorry that it was quiet hehe, didnt know how the program would accept it and what not, lol it sounded fine at first, but maybe its because I had 4 or 5 different levels of vulume to make it sound pretty loud (my head phone volume, computer volume, mic pickup volume, and recorders volume). But will try to fix that

Danny- Thanks much
You pointed out so much that I can try to fix, and beleive me, I will
Don't know when Ill post my next one, but it will be inmproved with what you said first off
Thanks much again! Oh and I will wait for that post ;)

Stiglar- Thanks for the comment!
I was messing around with it and I found out that when I used 9-12th frets on A string, It sounded good with the low E. Found that out awhile ago, but didnt put it to use till now

Jimmy- Will do

Jong- Nice avatar!
but on another note, thanks for the links
Will be another step on improvement

1 - 16 of 16 Posts