Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andre 3000 is supposed to play Jimi.....The best guitarest ever. I think they should of got Lenny kravetz even thou he dosen't look like he play's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN dre!

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
They did a Jimi Hendiorx flick a couple of years ago, and I beleive they didn't use any of his music

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I think Andre is a great choice cause he looks like Jimi a bit, and is infactuated with him. No offense to Lenny, but Jimi Hendrix he is not. Plus I dont think he's ever really cared to be compared to him. Not that he has anything against Jimi, but I think Lenny just wants to be known as Lenny ya know. I can't wait for this flick cause it should be awesome. A Van Halen flick would truly be bad ass, but it'd be longer the Dancing With Wolves...and that'll just cover the Dave era!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
i must say .. and this may surprise alot of you .. my stand on modern music as i think i made clear is that i hate most of it .. but out of all this stupid RnB and hip hop trash . i always thought outkast were the standout best by a country mile . they have a good way with melodies . im pretty sure though . that there are thousands of guitar players who look lots like jimi who could have played this role and actually played some guitar in it .. but who knows .. he might surprise us all lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
andre 3000 isnt just a hip hop 'playa'... in outkast he was always held back by that other clown whos name i cant remember.

andre is a musical genius, and has made nothing but hits since the split.

as we all know no-one can match the genius that was hendrix.... who really is worthy of playing him? i'm not, and neither are you, what is trying to be made here is a great film about hendrix, and if u wanna sit here whining about a hip hop guy playing him, just dont watch it when it comes out.
the idea is that they use the ACTOR who will do the best job, why not just clone hendrix somehow and use him?... i think its easyer to just use andre!

i recon andre will do i fine job

·
Banned
488 Posts
Andre 3000 is an Idiot in Drag actually.........talking fast isnt a musical genius, nor is Rap.... music by any means.....its just a bunch of non-sence talking at 100mph....You think Jimi would want Andre 3000 to play him in a role? if you wanna listen to music that talks about raping woman, doing drugs, beating "bitches", and killing people.....listen to that garbage.......Gah i hate rap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[ QUOTE ]
eternal said:
Andre 3000 is an Idiot in Drag actually.........talking fast isnt a musical genius, nor is Rap.... music by any means.....its just a bunch of non-sence talking at 100mph....You think Jimi would want Andre 3000 to play him in a role? if you wanna listen to music that talks about raping woman, doing drugs, beating "bitches", and killing people.....listen to that garbage.......Gah i hate rap.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir are an idiot!

pretty sure you havent listned to outkast, or andre if you think he 'raps' about raping women or doing drugs.
you sound to me like you are incapable of opening your mind... becuase he is what YOU call a rap artist does not mean he can't ACT the part of jimmi hendrix.

if i died and a movie was made about me, i wouldnt want you playing the part of me because you are an idiot, but if you were best for the part, then it would be fine... all they want to do here is make a fucking movie about jimmi hendrix so the youth of today can see how brilliant he was, and where their music from today stems from, and if andre fucking 3000 is the best man for the job, by god let him him play it!!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Are you all forgetting a movie called "The Passion Of The Christ"? people here must think that to play Hendrix in a movie means you have to be Hendrix or close to him, Well Jim Caviezel was nothing like Jesus, i bet he didn't cure diseases and cast out demons, in fact i guess you could say that he was the complete opposite, but yet he did an AWESOME job.
Now i guess you can say that Andre 3000 is the complete opposite (i wouldn't say that, but eternal seems to think so) thats not going to stop him from recreating Hendrix. In fact if they casted a white, red headed, female to play Hendrix, i would still go see it.

but thats just me

·
Banned
488 Posts
lol iam no idiot pal.....ima sure of that.....and yes i have listened to outkast Mrs. Jackson...listen dude i grew on the west side of Chicago in the Ghetto....watching people getting killed doing drugs getting wasted every weekend and listened to the poor black guy sitting on the in the parking lot of my area of the projects rapping for money.....i am no idiot fool! i thank God i got out of there, i was damn lucky...i had to live in that shit for 19 yrs pal....ive been jumped by 6 men, shot in the leg, hit in the head with a tree branch......dont tell me i dont know anythin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you really are an idiot!

ms jackson has nothing to do with what u recon outkast rap about, no killing, no drugs, and no raping... wat song were you listening to?

as for your 'mama didnt raise no fool, i was raised on the streets' act, what the hell has it got to do with hendrix or andre... that sucks you got shot in the fucking leg, but what do i care?... you don't plead a very strong case against andre... go back to 8mile homie! and take ya tree branch with u.

ps. i didnt say u dont know anything, i merely called you an idiot... several times

·
Banned
488 Posts
awwwwwww start crying (Tear) grow up bro. no act Cuz.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Eternal and Bert, please take the bitchfest into chat or PM and don't shit in the thread. I would hate to flush it because both of you are being idiots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahahahaha, cuz? lol.

sorry gangsta, dont pull ya clip on me!

just back to andre... you really dont have a clue do ya?

sorry El_jalepeno, i got a bitttt carried away.. ill stick to the topic from now on, have a good one

1 - 20 of 23 Posts