Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
this is a slightly alternative pop vocal tune, with lots of guitars (some backwards guitars :bannana_g ). This song is about death, but it is very positive. I was reading about after-life etc, and got inspired. Its a very random tune, with some nonsense guitar noodlings pasted here and there hehehe. some vocal falsettos are quite over the top :scif890: so they might sound a little annoying.. :doh:
anyways, i hope you all enjoy this :D
 

·
excess to requirements
Joined
·
7,118 Posts
First off I really don't like it when people compare originals to known artists but since I KNOW you have been listening to Queen and Jeff Buckley I guess it is pretty obvious what the influence is - even if I didn't already know.

SO! Queen crossed with Jeff Buckley is the obvious comparison.

But it is so very good. Excellent job andrew - your vibrato is really superb and you have really developed your voice in such a short period. The falsettos are really stunning because you maintain the same vibrato. I am jealous as hell :lol:

It is a lovely song and would sit perfectly on, say "The Game" by Queen. The arrangement is very Brian May and it is full of potential. I love the way you use the english language so comfortably. It sounds like your native tongue.

I would love to hear what you would come up with after listening to Showbiz by Muse. I am sure you have heard of them but if not, well they are basically a heavy version of Jeff Buckley. The same style vocals but with a much more rock oriented approach.

Anyway I digress, you have done a brilliant job here and I am itching to do a collab with you, should you get the time :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id love to do a collab with you goport. ive heard all your songs and i really admire ur arrangements and lyrics... it would really be a great honour to collab with u... :thumb:

Goport said:
First off I really don't like it when people compare originals to known artists but since I KNOW you have been listening to Queen and Jeff Buckley I guess it is pretty obvious what the influence is - even if I didn't already know.

SO! Queen crossed with Jeff Buckley is the obvious comparison.

But it is so very good. Excellent job andrew - your vibrato is really superb and you have really developed your voice in such a short period. The falsettos are really stunning because you maintain the same vibrato. I am jealous as hell :lol:

It is a lovely song and would sit perfectly on, say "The Game" by Queen. The arrangement is very Brian May and it is full of potential. I love the way you use the english language so comfortably. It sounds like your native tongue.

I would love to hear what you would come up with after listening to Showbiz by Muse. I am sure you have heard of them but if not, well they are basically a heavy version of Jeff Buckley. The same style vocals but with a much more rock oriented approach.

Anyway I digress, you have done a brilliant job here and I am itching to do a collab with you, should you get the time :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,688 Posts
Brilliant work! :thumb:

You did a great job with the vox. This is very impressive and I really dig the backup covals coming on to support the singing here and there. Love the backward guitar work too.
 

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
This is very soulful. The energy and care given to the theme/story of the song was done so well. You should really be very proud of your performance and the way the feeling of the song has landed. I have to say this is the first piece that I've heard your vocals and i'm an instant fan. All the vocal layers are truly impressive. It's a beautiful, well written song. Tons of kudos. Great job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Very nice and mellow Andrew. I really enjoy listening to this one. I can feel your confidence in your vox and it just gets better everytime. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hear more from you.:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks canyoncarver. glad u liked it :D




CanyonCarver said:
Brilliant work! :thumb:

You did a great job with the vox. This is very impressive and I really dig the backup covals coming on to support the singing here and there. Love the backward guitar work too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehehe.. thanks wigrocks.. thanks for taking the time to listen to it :D



wigrocks said:
This is very soulful. The energy and care given to the theme/story of the song was done so well. You should really be very proud of your performance and the way the feeling of the song has landed. I have to say this is the first piece that I've heard your vocals and i'm an instant fan. All the vocal layers are truly impressive. It's a beautiful, well written song. Tons of kudos. Great job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ehehe.. thanks naifuzan... :D



Naifuzan said:
Man, I cant believe what a great singer you have become!
Not that I didnt think you would :blush: :icon_thum

Great song here. You're very talented in many different areas of music making!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks gtarxtrm.. glad u liked it :D




gtarxtrm said:
Very nice and mellow Andrew. I really enjoy listening to this one. I can feel your confidence in your vox and it just gets better everytime. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hear more from you.:thumb:
 

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Great energy and very soulful take man!
Thanks for sharing, highly enjoyable.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top