Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

andrewtheshreddr vs Dong (10 votes to win)

• andrewtheshreddr

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Dong

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys and gals,
vai challenge: not necessarily competing who nails the closest to the original, but more of best overall cover..

Dong's tender surrenderrrrrrr VS my for the love of god
good luck n have fun!... :icon_thum

:mix:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
andrew that was really really great man . practically note for note which is something i really admire from a guitarist when he sets out to cover a tune by someone like Vai who has so many subtle nuances . huge well done man i wish i had the patience and discipline to learn things like that note for note .

dong that was killer man . sounded like you really got into the emotion of tender surrender . enjoyed listening to it dude

im gonna give my vote to andrew because he was just that lil bit tighter and flowed that little bit more smoothly . its a very close call cause i love both these covers . good luck dudes

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Wow ! Great covers by the both of you. I had to go with Dong on this one though. It just sounded like he had lost himslef and was pouring everything out in this one and just flying on the seat of his pants with the music taking him along for a ride.

That's not to take anything away from axeshredder's entry, which was also spectacular, I just felt it that little bit more from Dong, so he gets my vote !

I wish I could play either of these songs, so you are both winners in my book !

:thumb:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
really brave attempts you guys !

andrew you had all the right moves and it's a great tune and you delivered !

dong you picked a very tough tune i must say , you held your own up so good job there :thumb:

in the end i had to go with andy .. nice job my friend .

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Gonna vote dong here. His tune moved me more.
I have to admit tho, I've never really liked for the love of god that much, while I totally love tender surrender.
So I'm somewhat biased.
If this had been an even battle or if dong had the lead I probably would have abstained, but since andrew is up by 7 votes and only needs one more to win I'm gonna give dong my vote.
Very good efforts by both tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts