Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

andrewtheshreddr vs Naifuzan (10 votes to win)

• andrewtheshreddr

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Naifuzan

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
heres another vocal acoustic battle.
my song is a rendition of a not-so-well-known queen song ,"lily of the valley" off their 3rd album sheer heart attack. i mostly focused on the vocals on this track.. its got alot of high notes and falsettos so :scif890: :dunno: ..

anyways, have fun and good luck naifuzan, i cant wait to hear yours...

:bannana_g

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Wow, great song andrew. Congratulations on the win :bowdown:
Damn your vocals are great on this.

Here's my humble attempt at Pink Floyd classic "Wish You Were Here".
It's only acoustic guitar. 2 guitars for the intro and outro solo, otherwise just one. I skipped the middle solo, wich is why there's a break in the middle that may seem a bit strange. :eek:oo:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa, nice acoustic tone... so clear!!!... great job with the solos as well! :thumb:

·
Shredding it up!!!
1,185 Posts
andrew, one word... amazing!!! man this is the first time i've heard you sing, and it was amazing man, you certainly nailed the vocal on this one man!!! Good Job!!!
naifuzan, cool tone man, liking it... cool your vocals rock too man!!

Good job to both of you, but i've gotta go with andrew.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Whoaaa! This vocal stuff is becoming infectious. I've been hearing a lot of guitarists in this forum adding vocals in their mp3 posts lately and definitely this is a good thing. Awesome takes guys and goodluck to both of you.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Wow both of you guys put up a very worth effort, I just liked Andrew's just a tad better. But again both of ya did a really good job......Those high notes are nuts man!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Daaaaaaym.

andrew the vocals were amazing , you can change Your voice in 2 ways without even leaving a gap in between , hands down,,,the only thing was that there is more Hiss on the track when the vocals come in and as the vocals leave the hiss goes away 2,i think it would be better if the hiss was even all over....

naif.,,, the guitars are simply perfect , the tone , the feel , as far as the guitars go i'd give you a 9/10 for getting such a nice tone and feel , i think if you used a better mic. it would be much better 'cause i can hear that you know where to go and what to hit but outcome is blury because you use just a pc mic.(you can get a good pc mic. for like 10 bux, mine is a sennheiser headset and it sounds good for a tiny mic.)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea rezamozaffarinia, i agree with the vocal hiss thing... i think its because i boosted the high frequencies without compressing the track properly .. oops...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was nice battling you naifuzan.. good job.. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts