Votes: 1 7.1%
  • James Hetfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Sorry, I wanted to allow 2 choices but can't change it...choose 1.)

Ok, this is my list of choices. Could be interesting if I get enough participation.

Which one is your choice out of the list if you had to choose 1. Sorry if I left out you favorite. There's too many to list. I like all these guys but for me its a 3-way tie between Halford, B. Dickenson, and Dio. I can't decide. I'm curious to see who you prefer.:icon_thum

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,521 Posts
Rik Emmit/Gil Moore all the way. Triumph was a seriously underrated band and Rik's melodic vocal style was equally matched by his tremendous, melodic guitar work. Prolly one of the best bands of the late 70s/80s.

·
Banned
6,972 Posts
70's/80's, then I would have to go with Lou Gramm from Foreigner. Those cats were ALWAYS being played be it the radio, roller rink, parties, school dances. Everywhere I tell ya, and for good reason!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stingx said:
Rik Emmit/Gil Moore all the way. Triumph was a seriously underrated band and Rik's melodic vocal style was equally matched by his tremendous, melodic guitar work. Prolly one of the best bands of the late 70s/80s.
Good call...I've always been a fan of Triumph and the dual-vocal talents of Emmitt/Moore.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
El_jalepeno said:
70's/80's, then I would have to go with Lou Gramm from Foreigner. Those cats were ALWAYS being played be it the radio, roller rink, parties, school dances. Everywhere I tell ya, and for good reason!
Yeah, I have to agree there. Foreigner kicked ass.

As to the ones on the poll I can't decide between Halford and Dickenson. Both have very strong voices with wide ranges and the skill to back it up.

I'm surprised Hetfeild even made the list, even if you like Metalica you have to admit that James is no singer. Mustain is a much better singer.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Ahh what the heck, I went with Roth. He's never had a great voice, and at some points not even a good voice, but back in the ol days he could sing pretty good when he tried. I always loved his voice and the style he sung. Halford is the man too.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nroberts said:
Yeah, I have to agree there. Foreigner kicked ass.

As to the ones on the poll I can't decide between Halford and Dickenson. Both have very strong voices with wide ranges and the skill to back it up.

I'm surprised Hetfeild even made the list, even if you like Metalica you have to admit that James is no singer. Mustain is a much better singer.
I ALMOST put Mustaine on the list. I guess I should have. Lou Gramm didn't cross my mind at the time but good choice though.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Riff Addict said:
I ALMOST put Mustaine on the list.
It wouldn't have mattered. Mustain is pretty decent as far as singers go, and I really like his music and lyrics, he still can't compete against Halford or Dickenson as far as singing go. Lyricist is debatable, and his singing obviously fits the band really well, but he just doesn't have the range or control that the other two do. I still would have been stuck with Halford or Dickenson.

Hetfield, even in the early days when Metallica was still a decent band, just doesn't seem to have much, if any, range. His singing seems rather monotone. He really growls more that sing. It might fit the band, but still...he ain't no singer. Even though at one time I liked Metallica better than any of the other bands with singers on that list, James never had the ability or the style to match the others

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.