Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's another song from the past. I made the background about a year ago but was not pleased with the vocs. Now I got a little help with them so I finally got this song finished.
I'm still not totally pleased with the vocals, there are some weak & out of tune moments. But I like the guitar solo very much, it came out just like i wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for listening, guys.
It seems that others are not very interested in commenting this song for some reason. Well, there has been plenty of uploads on this forum recently so maybe this one dropped from the first page before everybody noticed it.
Or then they just found it boring...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The tone on the solo is tremendous. Are you playing an electric 12 string for the rhythm guitar part?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ksdb said:
The tone on the solo is tremendous. Are you playing an electric 12 string for the rhythm guitar part?
Nope, just six strings, but I used a neat trick I read somewhere:
I first recorded the main rhytm guitar with the sound I liked. Then I copy-pasted bits from it (the verses) to a diffrent track and kinda bastartised the sound by adding too much effects. I panned the main guitar little left and the "wierd guitar" hard right. So they sound like one guitar with somethin extra added on.

I've used this trick quite often with good results. Strongly recommended!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.