Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's another tune for the metalhead types out there. "Frailty"
It's about a year old or so and was done on my Boss BR1180, so the sound
quality is not terrific...little too much highend & some hiss....but it ain't too bad I guess.

It starts off with some fairly standard fare, metal harmony bits/soloing :)01 - 1:09) and then goes into my psuedo-Megadeth-Hanger 18 section (1:10 - 2:06). I sure as hell ain't no Marty Friedman, but that was the feel that I tried to go for there. From there it goes into my attempt at a Savatage/Trans Siberian Orchestra feel (lol), with the breakdown & build up sections (2:10 - 3:22) and back into some standard metal wankery for the rideout (3:22 - end).

Here's hopin that some of y'all can get into it. :crazy:

Thanks again for listening!

**Edit**
Due to file storage limits...I had to delete this mp3..if you want to hear it, you can find it on my SoundClick site on the "Music" page:
http://www.soundclick.com/donmadison

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
WTF?? What total shit. I can't stand listening to it. You obviously have no talent at all. You wouldn't know metal if you had a shaft of it stuck in your eye socket. Sounds more like Rap to me really. I think I hear some Back Street Boys influence here, maybe some mili vanili? What ever happened to those guys anyway?

:jam:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
nice fret work...but it's not as fast as jd...(just jokin'...eh)... :icon_thum

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nroberts said:
WTF?? I think I hear some Back Street Boys influence here, maybe some mili vanili?
Great ear dude!
BSB, are a prime influence..."Larger than Life"..."I want it that way"....
Need I even go on......Flat out none more metal than that stuff!

And BTW, your accuracy here is unccanny...because I actually WAS doing the Milli Vanilli shuffle as I recorded this one.....and sssssshhh....don't tell anyone....but it's all actually air guitar as well! :rock:

Always a pleasure to be critqued by such a fine afficionado of "boy-band" metal! :thumb:

Sweet reply dude....I love it! :lol:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
More killer guitar from Chipster!!!!:jam: Love your stuff, bro!!!! Really glad ya made it to this site!!!!:icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was killa!!!...Great harmonies..and liked the tone very much so!..:jam:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts