Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks goes to ClancyChris for adding some powerful Brucey vocals to this cover of Maidens Be Quick or Be Dead

Iron Maiden - Be Quick or Be Dead

ClancyChris - Vocals
SLoB - Guitars, production, mix etc..
SLoB - Drums and Bass converted from a midi file for the main backing (used synthfont, turned out quite nicely i think)
Tony4552 - ta for the feedback

Enjoy folks :)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ALL :)

This is sort of how this was played live by the band i was in a few years back, we actually played this at THE Ruskin Arms too :)

I wanted to recreate that live sort of sound/feel, any feedback on the drums and bass would be good, they were converted from the midi track, that may not work well with all tracks but it was close enough for this time

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
class! excellent.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great job, guys!
SLoB, you're right about the drums, they are good. Maybe the toms could be even better but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers ALL for the listen, glad I brought some memories back, was great to play this track in my last band too which is why i had to do a version :)

Karkki
yea i dl about 800mbs worth of soundfonts for bass & drums, it took hours going through them all with the midi file to get a set that sounded ok in most of the available drum parts lol
theyr all free soundfonts, wasnt going to pay for any of the pro ones as there is an abundance of free ones out there, the only problem is that i would end up editing a lot of them as there was not one drum set that sounded great in all parts.

if i get the inclination i'll tweak a soundfont pack to give a great power metal set with some decent toms and all parts of the drum kit sounding decent

i'll deffo be trying out some more midi files as backing though, i requested a backing for this very track but didnt get any response, hence me going through Pod_Gods post on synthfont and trying it out.

by the time the rhythm & other sections are added in they can mask a reasonable set of sounding drums well enough to carry the drums and with the effects in the mix the drums can come out quite well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts