Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my pickup installed in my guitar, and i just started putting strings on my floyd which im new to. The problem i have now is the strings keep buzzing not really sure whats going on, and i dont know how to raise the strings.

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
if your getting fret buzz. your action can be too low.. you should have a few springs on the back of your guitar (usually 3).. Tighten / Loosen your springs accordingly ususally a phillips screw driver....you will have to retune your guitar again obviously....but that should help

just an FYI, i have just left off that back panel on all my guitars...just a habit. leaving it open wont hurt it....

·
Registered
371 Posts
you need to make sure you are consistent with your string gage also...changing strings from extra light to light can mess up the action of a rose, make sure you find a brand and size of strings that you like, adjust your springs in the back, and stick with them - that should cure you problems.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Sounds lsilly, but also make sure the pickups and strings don't interfere.
Even if they don't, I read somewhere that having the strings very close to the magnets on the pickups has negative effects: it kills string vibration and sustain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts