Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ,

i got this backing off vintage brat i think it was .. was kinda hard at times to get into it cause it keeps stopping ! .. it was fun though just kinda improv'd this this afternoon and thought i'd keep it and see whta you guys think !

Stig

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I really look forward to you posting your jazz tunes Stiglar. I have absolutely no idea how to approach jazz so it is like a black art to me - so respect. Anyway I digress ...

This is really enjoyable. You have exercised a lot of control on this and I think it is possibly the first time I have heard tapping in a jazz piece (then again I have led a sheltered life
). There is really only one thing wrong with this - it is too short
Excelent stuff mate!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Goport said:
I really look forward to you posting your jazz tunes Stiglar. I have absolutely no idea how to approach jazz so it is like a black art to me - so respect. Anyway I digress ...

This is really enjoyable. You have exercised a lot of control on this and I think it is possibly the first time I have heard tapping in a jazz piece (then again I have led a sheltered life
). There is really only one thing wrong with this - it is too short
Excelent stuff mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey tahnks heaps mate i really appreciate that ! i've been trying really hard lately to improve so it really means alot to me !

lol the tapping ... i dunno where that came from i hardly ever (if ever) tap i don't know why cause i really like tapping .. so i was as suprised as you i think ! lol

the backing was only short but i think it's a good length i run out of ideas pretty quick

again thanks goport it means alot

Stig

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice!! and i wonder how u can "improvise" such great note choices..
ive always liked this fusion kind of music but never really got into learning it.. i will tho! .. someday....

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
random, a+ on the improv. Wish I new more about fusion and improv.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
this was great stig.. you definatly the jazz man.. loved the tone you used on this.. some excellent playing in my book man.. your stuff is always awsome.. you have nice control of your picking thats for sure// excellent man

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Fantastic Stig!! Great tone and very well played!! Sounds like that guy we both like...
Man, your playing has taken off tenfold!!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Great Jazz Stig....that recording also has a very unique effect going on...it's almost like a really short stereo slapback thing that gives it a wide soundfield....I noticed to right from the start. You did something cool when you set it up......or maybe I'm taking too many drugs for a Monday morning.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
VHfanOU812 said:
Great Jazz Stig....that recording also has a very unique effect going on...it's almost like a really short stereo slapback thing that gives it a wide soundfield....I noticed to right from the start. You did something cool when you set it up......or maybe I'm taking too many drugs for a Monday morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know people have told me about this on almost all my recordings and i seriously have no idea what it is ! hehe it must be something with the pod because i don't hear it when i've recorded it but i've found when i played it on different speakers on another computer i can hear it .. i'm really curious as to waht it could be

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Guitargod said:
Just becuse the backing instruments stopped. You didn't need to stop. I don't don't think it came off good because of that. Try it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest i do agree with you to an extent .. and i actually did give it some thought whilst i was recording and thought it made for some interesting more powerful phrasing ideas if i stopped staccatoishly almost unexpectingly like that .. also i did play through the stops towards the end . but perhaps i could've used it in a more effective way to build the whole song .. so thanks for your comment it sortof half backed up what i was thinking whilst i was recording it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.