Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to get something more stable than my Mac OS-9.2.2 Cubase VST 32

It quite often stops the creative flow by alerting me that my midi interface
(OMS Studio 4) isn't responding and I have to restart. Only with VST 32. (Nuendo, Logic Audio, BIAB don't do this)

Q - Is Cubase SX-2 or SX-3 stable? :wutblau:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
There are at least five of us here, including me, that uses Cubase SX 2.x or greater. No problems at all. Extremely stable. Keep in mind, though, that with anything computer related how stable YOUR system is, current drivers, etc., will determine how stable Cubase, or any program, will be for you. A lot of people complain about particular hardware or software when in reality the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I use sx 2 and it is pretty stable. the problems I have had (crashing etc) have all been a result of certain non steinberg plugins. And sting pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post above.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, Thanks for the help.

Where most of my crashes occur are when I have alot of midi info happening;

-from my Kurzweil K2500xs's large ribbon and
-from my GR-1
Those are my two main controllers.

I end up getting a midi overflow and Cubase just shuts down communication with my interface. :doh:

Lots to upgrade to- OS X Panther, Cubase SX2.x or higher
and a faster computer because my G3 450mhz doesn't meet the min. processor requirements of SX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts