Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Anyone ever had a "sharp fret" problem??

Tags
les paul
965 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  strat78 
#1 ·
Ok, went to the music store looking at guitars. I plyed some Schecters, gibsons, PRS' (the cheaper ones), and none really "grabbed" me, so then I pick up a little $450.00 epi les paul. I dunno why, but it just clicked, and felt great to me. It's like it was made for me if you know what I mean. I bought it, got home and sat down to do some serious playing, and as I go up the neck (around the 14th fret or so) the frets seem to over-hang just a tiny bit...just enough to annoy me. :upset: This was the only one they had, is it a simple fix or should I just get a refund and think of "the one that got away"?

#2 ·
Take it to a luthier. It's a really simple job for the luthier to file the fret ends down a little. If you want to do it yourself though, someone here will definitely be able to help with directions. But whatever you do, dont get rid of the guitar for something thats an easy fix :thumb:

#4 ·
It could also be that your neck is dry, a humidifer will help that out. Don't pay for one though, just poke some holes in a couple empty vitamin bottles and put some damp sponges in there; close the top and you're all set!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.