Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal - we both do the same backing track (cool jazzy/funky tune, with some nice chord changes in the middle, found on the net somewhere, long ago...) so the challenge is to come up with an original arrangement for the backing. Who's up for it?

Here's the backing:
http://www.geeksaknockin.com/benny/jazz_funk.mp3

-dc

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
DrCode said:
So here's the deal - we both do the same backing track (cool jazzy/funky tune, with some nice chord changes in the middle, found on the net somewhere, long ago...) so the challenge is to come up with an original arrangement for the backing. Who's up for it?
-dc
So you mean beyond the standard 'jam'? That sounds like fun. We are talking about an extended type of a challenge though right? Yeah, I would be up for it...if it is what I am thinking it is...a compositional challenge possibly involving several instruments but whatever we want?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
This sounds like it might have used to be a midi. Do you have the orig?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you're exactly right, take some time, come up with something cool. That track is all I have, I don't think it was MIDI, but sometimes I can't even tell. So, are you up for it then?
-dc

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
DrCode said:
Yes, you're exactly right, take some time, come up with something cool. That track is all I have, I don't think it was MIDI, but sometimes I can't even tell. So, are you up for it then?
-dc
Yeah. It will probably take me a while to figure out the keys and stuff. I have a couple ideas brewin for what I might do.

Yeah, I'll give it a go.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I'd be up for this , if the position is available ,

don't think this was midi , the guitar sounds pretty real to me as does the bass .. but i may be wrong :dunno:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I am still working on mine but it is taking me forever. I keep running into brick walls. I am still up for it, but I am still far from finished and you have waited patiently for a very long time. If you want to find someone else for this challenge I understand and will step aside.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi DrCode.. these are very nice BT. I wanna have a go with the funk jam if you don't mind. Im a keyboard player, but i can do guitar type leads.. :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi Synthz,

Yeah, let er rip. PM me when you're done and I'll set up the battle.

Anyone else want to battle on the jazz_funk track?

-dc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts