Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it´s all said at the subject title, I´m just really enjoying that fast paced chicken pickin´twin reverb clean sound with a slight delay, the ´slap back thang´, it´s really getting in my old brain just the same way I discovered great rock bands a whole lotta years ago, and I´m really digging it. Anyone out there that likes it? It sure is pure steam- gutt based true R&R, thats for sure.

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Ya Bleed, I dig a lot of the country players..... there are some awesome players in country, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban,etc.... Also Johnny Hiland on Vai's Favored Nations label, man that boy whips some ASS!!!:bannana_g :bannana_g

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
JPF said:
Ya Bleed, I dig a lot of the country players..... there are some awesome players in country, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban,etc.... Also Johnny Hiland on Vai's Favored Nations label, man that boy whips some ASS!!!:bannana_g :bannana_g
Don't forget Brent Mason........incredible player. And don't forget Scotty Moore, Carl Perkins, Cliff Gallup, very inventive, superb players.

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rythameen said:
Don't forget Brent Mason........incredible player. And don't forget Scotty Moore, Carl Perkins, Cliff Gallup, very inventive, superb players.
Oh yeah, I´ve seen Brent in an instructional video and he is amazing. There´s also this guy that took his life away a few years back that was soo great, Danny Gatton, if any of you have a chance to listening to some his stuff go ahead and do so, really awesome. I love that old R&R fifties sound.It is really fun to put your guitar sound in a raw-slightly distorted way with a 120 ms double feedback delay, and mess around with a ´train-like´backup base and snare loop, I´m having a ball right now doing it :bannana_g

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, I love listening to that stuff. I really like old Chet Atkins stuff.
Have you ever been to this site:

Guitar Swamp

It's got lots of chicken picken exercises with accompanying MP3 and WAV files.

·
Registered
240 Posts
JPF said:
Everyone mentioned throughout this thread is excellent, but I really enjoy these three. Johnny Hiland's chicken pickin' is amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Listen to Danny Gatton & Robert Gordon - The Humbler

Hello,

i suggest you to listen Danny Gatton & Robert Gordon CD- The Humbler, i think that it is the best live rockabilly cd ever recorded!!

Danny was/is incredible!!Country,jazz,swing,rockabilly,fingerstyle.....number one in all genres! I miss him a lot.

Bye,Stex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts