1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ian astbury is from my hometown...go ahead...post something... :icon_cool

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I was a Cult freak back in late high school/early college (1988-91). I was an obsessive collector of their unreleased and B-side tunes (and they had a LOT of B-side type unreleased stuff. Some of their best tunes were not included on the albums, in my opinion) and I would go to the local alternative record shops in town about every 2 weeks and see if they had anything new come out as an import. I think I have just about every single Cult media (tapes, albums, CDs, Videos) that they ever put out up until The album "Ceremony" when I kind of lost interest. I even have a 45 record of 2 songs from Theater of Hate which was the band that Billy Duffy was playing in that was touring with The Southern Death Cult, which is the Band Ian originally sang in, and how they ended up meeting and that's how the Cult formed (although they went through an interim period where they released an EP under the name Death Cult). They were definitely one of the top 5 most impactful bands that I experienced while growing up.

I have a lot of live stuff too, so I will be very curious to see what you post here. I've got lots of Cult stuff to share too if anyone is interested. If so, let me know what you are interested in and I will dig it up and post it.

It's good to see so many fellow Cult fans here. :thumbup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
hey!! maybe electric tour

ELECTRIC TOUR MUST BE MAGIC!!!

PLEASE UPLOAD

:bannana_g :bowdown:

BEST REGARDS
PAUL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Of course I do, in fact it was my favorite band during the early 90s. Please post anything you have from these guys! Thank you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Yes mee too. I saw them live inOctober 1985 when I was studying in Lyon, france. The Sisterhood - a Sisters of Mercy/Mission offshoot suported. It was a great show and I bought the Love album after that. Great stuff love thatera - sort of lost intersted quite soon after for some reason? Anyway great band. Cheers StuArt

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was a Cult freak back in late high school/early college (1988-91). I was an obsessive collector of their unreleased and B-side tunes (and they had a LOT of B-side type unreleased stuff. Some of their best tunes were not included on the albums, in my opinion) and I would go to the local alternative record shops in town about every 2 weeks and see if they had anything new come out as an import. I think I have just about every single Cult media (tapes, albums, CDs, Videos) that they ever put out up until The album "Ceremony" when I kind of lost interest. I even have a 45 record of 2 songs from Theater of Hate which was the band that Billy Duffy was playing in that was touring with The Southern Death Cult, which is the Band Ian originally sang in, and how they ended up meeting and that's how the Cult formed (although they went through an interim period where they released an EP under the name Death Cult). They were definitely one of the top 5 most impactful bands that I experienced while growing up.

I have a lot of live stuff too, so I will be very curious to see what you post here. I've got lots of Cult stuff to share too if anyone is interested. If so, let me know what you are interested in and I will dig it up and post it.

It's good to see so many fellow Cult fans here. :thumbup:
Do you have a Cult show from Santa Barbara in 85/86? Or something called: The Cult Live: 1985/1986? I believe it was an FM or Sbd. Thanks a million.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts