Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Rondo Music are excellent! I bought a jazz bass from them last year for like $150, and it was the same quality, I shit you not, as a Fender Jazz bass. You would have to play it to beleive it!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Never played one myself, but I do know a guy with a guitar he purchased from Rondo and he raves about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I think the only other semi-hollow guitar even close is the Ibanez Artcore at $475.00 US. I am lefty and you can get it cheaper righty. Bump to see if anyone else has seen it.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've talked to alot of players that have bought the Agiles for their price alone. Nothing but great comments about them. The quality and workmanship is there along with good tone. Top notch stuff.
VB

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I really don't know why I sked now. I'm lefty, its not like ES-335 lefty type guitars are at every corner store for under $300.00 :dunno:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received my AS-820 a day or two early. All I can say is that I am very pleased for the money I paid. For under 300 USD, it is really a no brainer. Sounds good, plays well out of the box. Can probably use a setup, but is much better than the SX Strat out of the box I have. That really needed the Sperzels. This guitar got a good blues workout with plenty of bends and it stayed in tune. Pickup sounded fine, but I still am comparing them to a 67 Gibson SG I have with Duncans that are better, but cost alot more as well. Again, if anyone desires a ES-335 type of guitar for relatively very cheap money, this is it. I also received the Fender G-dec.... jury is out, but I can tell that at best, I probably will be only using the heaphones as for now, what I am hearing really sucks. I know as with my Pod XT, it will probably take weeks, but I don't know if I want to risk any damage from kids to keep it pristine and send it back. I will know in less than a week. I did play the Agile thru the Pod Xt and my Fender Pro jr/without my pedalboard to really hear the guitar. Lefties, or for that matter anyone that Rondo can ship to, this is very hard to beat.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I gave the g-dec some time and after turning on the noise gate and goofy effects on a lot of patches this thing isn't so bad(g-dec). The blackface and tweed can be made to sound quite good thru headphones and even listenable thru the amp speaker. I will let this ride for a week and make up my mind. So far, with some tweaking, not too bad. Need to hook up my cd player for some backing tracks to really test it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agile 2500

I also have a 2500 LP...amazing quality....

I ordered it on Thursday and had it by Saturday if you can believe it...
Easily compairable to a Gibson. I like it better then the Epiphones.

I got it in mint condition, not a scratch on it, in tune, ready to play.

The only problem, which isn't really a problem, is the output jack sometimes gets loose. All it needs is a 10 second tightening once in a while, and you're set.

·
Registered
206 Posts
picone244 said:
I also have a 2500 LP...amazing quality....

I ordered it on Thursday and had it by Saturday if you can believe it...
Easily compairable to a Gibson. I like it better then the Epiphones.

I got it in mint condition, not a scratch on it, in tune, ready to play.

The only problem, which isn't really a problem, is the output jack sometimes gets loose. All it needs is a 10 second tightening once in a while, and you're set.
A little dab of Loc-Tite on it and that bad boy will be fine.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
JackThe Riffer said:
I have an Agile LP 2500 and it is awesome, I love that guitar.
You have the model before they were forced to change the horn by Gibson. It looks just like a LP. Love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts