Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
6,972 Posts
Rondo Music are excellent! I bought a jazz bass from them last year for like $150, and it was the same quality, I shit you not, as a Fender Jazz bass. You would have to play it to beleive it!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Never played one myself, but I do know a guy with a guitar he purchased from Rondo and he raves about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received my AS-820 a day or two early. All I can say is that I am very pleased for the money I paid. For under 300 USD, it is really a no brainer. Sounds good, plays well out of the box. Can probably use a setup, but is much better than the SX Strat out of the box I have. That really needed the Sperzels. This guitar got a good blues workout with plenty of bends and it stayed in tune. Pickup sounded fine, but I still am comparing them to a 67 Gibson SG I have with Duncans that are better, but cost alot more as well. Again, if anyone desires a ES-335 type of guitar for relatively very cheap money, this is it. I also received the Fender G-dec.... jury is out, but I can tell that at best, I probably will be only using the heaphones as for now, what I am hearing really sucks. I know as with my Pod XT, it will probably take weeks, but I don't know if I want to risk any damage from kids to keep it pristine and send it back. I will know in less than a week. I did play the Agile thru the Pod Xt and my Fender Pro jr/without my pedalboard to really hear the guitar. Lefties, or for that matter anyone that Rondo can ship to, this is very hard to beat.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I gave the g-dec some time and after turning on the noise gate and goofy effects on a lot of patches this thing isn't so bad(g-dec). The blackface and tweed can be made to sound quite good thru headphones and even listenable thru the amp speaker. I will let this ride for a week and make up my mind. So far, with some tweaking, not too bad. Need to hook up my cd player for some backing tracks to really test it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agile 2500

I also have a 2500 LP...amazing quality....

I ordered it on Thursday and had it by Saturday if you can believe it...
Easily compairable to a Gibson. I like it better then the Epiphones.

I got it in mint condition, not a scratch on it, in tune, ready to play.

The only problem, which isn't really a problem, is the output jack sometimes gets loose. All it needs is a 10 second tightening once in a while, and you're set.

·
Registered
206 Posts
picone244 said:
I also have a 2500 LP...amazing quality....

I ordered it on Thursday and had it by Saturday if you can believe it...
Easily compairable to a Gibson. I like it better then the Epiphones.

I got it in mint condition, not a scratch on it, in tune, ready to play.

The only problem, which isn't really a problem, is the output jack sometimes gets loose. All it needs is a 10 second tightening once in a while, and you're set.
A little dab of Loc-Tite on it and that bad boy will be fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.