Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I aint going there again ,

you tricked me!!

you knew I dont do covers and you did the theme to godfather..I had no chance cause I am 100% original .

you have found my weak spot :toothless

BET YOU CANT DO ERUPTION :lol:

lol

Joey

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, hey ure back dude.

where were u the last couple of days.

well, i jst added godfather in to flow with the song. haha, and u added a back track when there wasnt supposed to be.haha, so its square nw.

wanna battle eruption? ahahahhah!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Is this that song that starts out like

"I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE..."

or is that someone else?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
nroberts said:
Is this that song that starts out like

"I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE..."

or is that someone else?
Apparently not, that one is buy a guy named Arthur Brown http://www.godofhellfire.co.uk/80s90s.htm

Awesome song.

Google will say its by "Prodigy"...must be some suck ass rap band that stole it as a loop.

Here is the lyrics, I love this puppy:

I am the god of hell fire and I bring you:
Fire, I'll take you to burn.
Fire, I'll take you to learn.
I'll see you burn!
You fought hard and you saved and learned,
but all of it's going to burn.
And your mind, your tiny mind,
you know you've really been so blind.
Now 's your time burn your mind.
You're falling far too far behind.
Oh no, oh no, oh no, you gonna burn!
Fire, to destroy all you've done.
Fire, to end all you've become.
I'll feel you burn!
You've been living like a little girl,
in the middle of your little world.
And your mind, your tiny mind,
you know you've really been so blind.
Now 's your time burn your mind,
you're falling far too far behind.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Actually I thought the Prodigy were very good. their latest stuff is a bit weak but for a while they were genuinely ground breaking. They're not a rap band, they are more of an alternative dance act. They came to light in the late 80s when raves were actually interesting (and illegal here in the uk). They were part of an underground hardcore dance scene. I hate that kind of music buy the Prodigy did it very well. They added vocals to thir stuff in the mid 90s and had a couple of major hits here in the uk with Firestarter and Breathe both of which were very clever and well written. There stuff hasn't aged too well but they really were unique for their time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Goport said:
Actually I thought the Prodigy were very good. their latest stuff is a bit weak but for a while they were genuinely ground breaking. They're not a rap band, they are more of an alternative dance act. They came to light in the late 80s when raves were actually interesting (and illegal here in the uk). They were part of an underground hardcore dance scene. I hate that kind of music buy the Prodigy did it very well. They added vocals to thir stuff in the mid 90s and had a couple of major hits here in the uk with Firestarter and Breathe both of which were very clever and well written. There stuff hasn't aged too well but they really were unique for their time.
Yes Ditto to that :dance:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Goport said:
Actually I thought the Prodigy were very good. their latest stuff is a bit weak but for a while they were genuinely ground breaking. They're not a rap band, they are more of an alternative dance act.
Ok, well that isn't a whole lot better imho...

But here, compare their version of the song to the original (both as posted on some lyric site found with google):

I am the God of hellfire, and I bring you... fire

Fire, fire, fire, fire!

When I was a youth I used to burn cali weed in a rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a
When I was a youth I used to burn cali weed in a rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a
I am rocking!
Fire - when I was a youth I used to burn cali weed in a - fire -
Rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a
Fire - when I was a youth I used to burn cali weed in a - fire -
Rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a-rizzler-a
Fire, fire, fire, fire
I am rocking!
Fire!

I am the God of hellfire, and I bring you... fire!
I am the God of hellfire, and I bring you... fire, fire, fire!
I am the God of hellfire, and I bring you... fire, fire, fire, fire, fire!
What a shallow form of the original I quoted above. That is beyond butchery. It's enough to make your skin crawl. Really that is the same thing as what the rappers do and I hate it. :rant: :wutblau: :rant:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
nroberts said:
Ok, well that isn't a whole lot better imho...

But here, compare their version of the song to the original (both as posted on some lyric site found with google):

What a shallow form of the original I quoted above. That is beyond butchery. It's enough to make your skin crawl. Really that is the same thing as what the rappers do and I hate it. :rant: :wutblau: :rant:
So lets see if i understand this correctly :

* you've never heard of the prodigy

* you've never heard their song

and all your using is some lyrics off google to form an opinion on them ?
condeming them without even hearing them ?

they were pretty damn big at their time and in my opinion a bloody good group , and way different (original) than alot of the other stuff that was out there , i suggest you open your ears a bit more and take a listen before you lash out and bash them .

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Stiglar said:
i suggest you open your ears a bit more and take a listen before you lash out and bash them .
But they deserve a good bashing for butchering someone's lyrics like that. They might be a good band, they might even sound good, but they are obviously still butchers. I don't have to listen to them to see that.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
wahwah said:
The lyrics to 'Firestarter' are nothing like 'Fire'? It's not a cover or a rip-off? I'm a bit lost on this thread? :scratch:
They also seem to have a song called 'fire', an obvious bastardization (lyrically at least) of another song by the same name written and performed by Arthur Brown in the 60's.

Anyway, I made the statement that they are probably some sucky rap band, goport said they are not rap and don't suck, to which I say it is still fucked up to do that to a song so they still suck in my book. I think that pretty much sums up the whole thing...

Actually none of this has any bearing at all on the original purpose of this thread. I wondered if 'burn' and 'fire' were the same song and corrected myself. We have completely deviated from topic :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Actually none of this has any bearing at all on the original purpose of this thread

Well put! so everyone get back on topic:thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts