Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I've been gone a long time (working on things...I tend to lock myself away while I write), but here I am again. I'm again working on some solo stuff as I usually do when I take a break from band life, and I would like to do some co-op stuff with you guys.

This one's on the heavy side, so I'm hoping some of you are interested in doing some metal shop with me! :) Let me know. Here it is:

Edit: FYI, the title is just there to give it an identity. It's got a III behind it because it's the third variation of it I was working on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
heh. My guess would be the key of E. :) I'm not very good at theory tho, so I'm probably wrong. In tune? Ah, who knows. I'm all over the place with my tuning...E...D.....sometimes C, I don't really pay attention to that stuff on rough draft type things unless I KNOW I'll be working with someone else. This was just something I decided would be cool to get some other peoples takes on it and see what people would come up with, and maybe....just MAYBE, we'll have a kick butt song afterward. No doubt with you guys on this forum that it'll be great tho!

If there's any issues with tuning, etc, I could re-record the parts that are there, or if you have a better idea for the layered parts I could leave them out. WHATEVA! I'm open to anything, I just wanna create! :icon_thum

Edit: As you prolly noticed, it's DEFINATELY an unfinished WIP. Mainly the begining of something maybe? Let's make it rock!

Anything you need done to it, Black Star?

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah man, i can't figure out what tuning that is...haha

could you re-record it in standard tuning? that would rock, then we can colab.

You can leave everything the same, just make it standard tuning. Thanks man. :jam:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, I'll do it. Tomorrow, tho. It's been a good weekend, and by good I mean I didn't get a lot of sleep :notme: so I really need to get to bed if I want to make it to work tomorrow. I'll get it up sometime tomorrow evening. Here's to success. :jam:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Db, eh? Wow, see I didn't even know :p

And yep, anyone who wants is welcome to join in.

Now....before I re-do the tracks, one things I need to know is what kind of tone you'll use? Marshallish? Recto? I would like to try and at least be close to your tone so it mixes better. :)

Ok, I just went with a very saturated mesa-ish tone. I'm tuned standard. :) Let me know if there's anything else you think I should do. Oh yeah, I added bass to it also, hope it helps.

ugh
someone messed with my speakers. If that file is too trebley, then try this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.