Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason i cant pull my bridge up very far anymore. i can pull it up a few steps but it hits the boddy of the guitar and thats it it can't go any higher... i can dive bomb it real far but pullin it up can't go that far. can anyone help me fix it so i can pull it up just as far as it goes down? thanks!

·
Registered
665 Posts
did u put new strings on?
are the springs ok?
i'm not very good with that stuff but those are the 2 things i can think of
is the bridge already angled?

·
Registered
206 Posts
My guess is the bridge might be pulled up already to begin with, that's why you have so much dive bomb space and very little pull-up space. try loosening the screws that pull the springs in the back (I suck with vocabulary) and re-tune

I'm no EJ but that's my take on it ^_^

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It has to stop at some point. If you could raise as far as you dive the strings would snap like cheap thread, not to mention the tuning problems you would encounter. the only way you can create more travel would be to remove more wood from under the trem, (another no no) . If you need to raise pitch more try a whammy pedal, and save your self some headaches.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Has anything changed lately, like adding a string or anythingg of the sort? What were you doing when this first started happeneing? Manic pull ups on the bar? Give us details man!

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Let's do an experiment: Go up behind your friend. Firmly grab the wasit band of his underwear with both hands. Bending with your knees, lift the waist band over the head of said friend. Release.

What happened? Much like the waist band of said friend's underwear, he stretch the strings considerably more than they were accustomed to and have lost some elasticity. Unlock the nut and losen the strings then retune. You might even just restring and redo the setup.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
El_jalepeno said:
Let's do an experiment: Go up behind your friend. Firmly grab the wasit band of his underwear with both hands. Bending with your knees, lift the waist band over the head of said friend. Release.

What happened? Much like the waist band of said friend's underwear, he stretch the strings considerably more than they were accustomed to and have lost some elasticity. Unlock the nut and losen the strings then retune. You might even just restring and redo the setup.

I tried the experiment on my son before school this morning. Since I don't have a floating trem, I don't think it did anything to my strings, but it made me feel a whole lot better. :notme:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohhhhh ej.... really? well let me tell you what is happening now... i don't think it is hitting the wood, did everything you said and the bridge was out alot further than before, so i was testing it and it worked right... but then i lowered the action and it happened again, but this time the bridge was out further than beofre and it was STILL getting to a point and stopping, this time the point was the same distant as last time but it mustn't be hitting the wood because the bridge is out more.... i don't know if that makes sense but your a genius so im sure youll crack the code

1 - 10 of 10 Posts