Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Awesome, EssGee. I love Jethro Tull. As you know, I love the 70s, and bands like Tull, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, etc. embody that whole hippie, rennaisance festival, Woodstock image that I was so enomored with back during my formative years (I was born in 1971). Jethro Tull can really ROCK! I have a great live version of Living in the Past that sounds not too old and it is practically a metal tune! ANyway, loved listening to your lead. Tone and playing were right on with the original, although the BT seemed a little slow to me. But no matter, cause this was great to hear. I am quite partial to Bungle in the Jungle because of how well orchestrated it is. I got the MIDI of that song. I wanted to make a BT for it. Maybe, if you are interested, we might could collab on piecing together that orchestration. Could be fun. Nice job on this.

·
Registered
490 Posts
awesome! takes me back in time!..how about "Thick as a brick"..great tone man!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx K.C.!!
Yeah I thought the backing may a bit slow also...not horribly tho.As for the collab...I'd love to!! Shoot me a PM

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx Dunnery!!!
Really appreciate the listen and comment. Yeah..."Thick As A Brick" is a killer tune also. As is "Cross Eyed Mary"

·
Registered
167 Posts
Excellent! Loved it!

Haven't heard Tull for ages.......in fact most of my Tull collection is still on vinyl. Remember vinyl?

Well Done.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx a lot Arakeen!!!
Remember vinyl?? Hell, I'm so old that I remember Victrolas!!!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome sg, killa job!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
This was awesome!! The tone is just nailed! The playing is excellent! "Dee de dee de.." (me practicing)....

·
Registered
754 Posts
damn,my fav solo to! by the tull.I remember when I was a kid and I'd tell my dad you crank it!!! that was a long time ago,but I still hear it some.great job on it as it was just like the original!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
awsome job man, i really love your playing...cross eyed mary is a great tune, iron maiden did a version of it before bruce dickenson came along that was killer...awsome job as always robbie

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
yeah i remember this tune , Very classy playing here brings back good memories for me ! , but how about something from Stand Up , maybe We used to know , that was the first Tull track i heard , it was also on a Island compilation called , Nice Enough To Eat , at the time it was a great album , you got Free Traffic Tull all for a £1......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts